Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? about gestational diabetes

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:37 PM
  • 13 Replies

Has anyone had this and then not had it during subsequent pregnancies? I was bigger when I got pregnant the fist time 5'7" 200 lbs, but I am losing weight hoping to eliminate it in future pregnancies. Is this possible to do? I am thinking about TTC number two in about a year and a half so I want to have my body in great shape first.

I am a...

Cloth diapering, Breast Feeding, Selective Vaxxing, Co-sleeping, ERF to the MAX, non-CIO, Wiccan, Gay Rights Supporting, Outdoorsy, Crafty, Animal loving,  Girl Scout Supporting, College Educated, Army Wife, Other culture absorbing, liberal, SAHM, to one beautiful baby girl.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matofour
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Yes

I did NOT have it my first

Had it with my second

Did NOT have it with my third

They monitored me closely anyway, but I never developed it.

Aamy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Nope, i had it with DD and i have it again with this one. GL ! 

judybant
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:06 PM

yes, it's possible, but unlikely. The healthier you eat, the better your chances of not having it. Although, with my second son is when I had it, and ALL I craved was salads, and fresh fruits and veggies... and VERY occasional chicken breast... I was pretty much a vegetarian... I had to start to force myself to eat more proteins once they told me I had GD.

nmjordan
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:07 PM

My mom had it with my youngest sister only, her 3rd child. BUT she was older (35) and heavier than her first 2 pregnancies. Plus my mom has it in her family and now she has it full-blown at 56.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:45 PM

BUMP!

Gecko85
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Thanks everyone. BUMP!

jltplk25
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:10 PM

I had it with my first, didn't with my second. Although one OB said he didn't think I had it to start with, so who knows. But when I failed my first glucose test with #2, I avoided sugar for that entire weekend before my big test. I passed. The doctor had me watch what I ate anyway and to stay away from too much processed foods, sugars, and starches.

activitymode
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:12 PM

I had it with all 3 pregnancies :(

SGJsmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I had it with my last two pregnancies. I think if you are really careful about your diet you may be able to avoid it. Good luck.

mom_4kiddos
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Having it doesn't mean you will get huge ... Just eat the right diet and you'll be fine.. I actuallly weighed less after giving birth last time  then I did f4 I got pregnant

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)