Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nice Waste of our Tax dollars!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:04 PM
  • 90 Replies

Seriously.

I live RIGHT down the street from a resale shop. I mean like a 5 minute walk. Not even worth a drive there, because it's so close.

So I had this fisher price infant to toddler rocker I wanted to sell. I bought it for $45 last year and my son HATED it from the start. I finally got around to taking it down the resale shop.

I decided to walk because literally, it's 5 minutes from my house, and not worth a drive.

So I am carrying my bouncer down the street after I went to the shop because they weren't buying anything atm, and a COP stops me!

He asks "Where's your baby?" (Yes, because I am going to walk down the street, carrying a bouncer BY THE MUSIC BAR, with a baby inside it *eye roll*)

I said, "I just got done at the resale shop, right there" *Points to resale shop*

Cop: "Oh u mean the one way down the street?" 

Me: "No, the one RIGHT THERE *Points again*

Cop: "Oh your baby is too big for that?"

Me: "No, he hated it from the start. I paid $45 for it and he hated it"

Cop: "Oh ok, have a nice day!"

Really, was that neccasary?  In the 5 minutes he spent questioning me, he could have been en route to a robbery, fire, domestic violence situation, anything!

But instead he finds it neccasary to question a woman who he had to have seen me JUST leave the shop because he literally stopped me after I just walked down the path of the shop and turned onto the sidewalk.

Anyone else think it was wrong and stupid for him to stop me?

I mean..even if I did have a baby in there and he thought I stashed it somewhere, WHY would I stash a baby and then carry the bouncer back with me?

Seriously. When he asked where my baby was I should have told me I left him at home with the dog to watch him.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:13 PM

BUMP!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:53 PM

How bizarre!

mom2ljh
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I don't think those 5 minutes were really any waste of tax dollars.  I'm not sure what he was getting at with his questioning, but I probably wouldn't think too much of it.  Just go on with your day and forget about it.

MamaLub
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:59 PM
Maybe he thought you left The baby at home. its The middle of The day and you're walking around so, you probably don't work. so if you stay at home with a baby, where's u the baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleFuzzy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Where was your baby?

jylianne
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Maybe there were no pending calls at the moment so there was really no waste of tax money, since there was nothing for him to do, patrolling is part of their job too.. and maybe he found it a little weird that you were carrying a bouncer down the street.. He was probably trying to make sure you didnt steal it.. you would be surprised what a cop can find out with a few simple questions.. My husband who is a cop, has found a huge stash of drugs on a traffic stop, just by asking a few questions that to most people would have seemed a little weird.. but the driver was acting funny(hubbys words) so he followed his instincts..

From what you said, it took just a couple minutes and he was on his way.. weird maybe, but not something I would be upset over...

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:04 PM

The dog was watching him at home.

He's a pitt. He was safe.

Quoting LittleFuzzy:

Where was your baby?

CafeMom Tickers
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Lmao yeah you stole that bouncer and took off walking slowly by foot to get outta dodge.  LMAO wtf

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Or maybe people like him are the reason it takes cops and hour to show up for a domestic violence situation, because they are stopping people they have no business stopping.

Really. I had JUST come out of a resale shop. For all he knew I bought it 2 seconds before he stopped me.

Quoting jylianne:

Maybe there were no pending calls at the moment so there was really no waste of tax money, since there was nothing for him to do, patrolling is part of their job too.. and maybe he found it a little weird that you were carrying a bouncer down the street.. He was probably trying to make sure you didnt steal it.. you would be surprised what a cop can find out with a few simple questions.. My husband who is a cop, has found a huge stash of drugs on a traffic stop, just by asking a few questions that to most people would have seemed a little weird.. but the driver was acting funny(hubbys words) so he followed his instincts..

From what you said, it took just a couple minutes and he was on his way.. weird maybe, but not something I would be upset over...

CafeMom Tickers
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Lmao yeah you stole that bouncer and took off walking slowly by foot to get outta dodge.  LMAO wtf

Lol right? I'm such a bad thief.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)