• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stupid body, stupid depo. Update again Not the news I wanted

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:25 PM
  • 25 Replies

*Update* Went to the doc friday cuz i was hurting pretty bad and AF came thursday and my left abdomine was burning and hurting. The doc said I have PCOS and Endo (it runs in my family). He put me on some meds and said if it didn't work in the next 5-8 wks we will try something else. He was an AMAZING doc. He also said if i wanted to get preg again I would probably have to lose around 80 lbs, so I am working on that to.

*UPDATE* So no AF still. All the cramping is gone and now it just seems no AF in sight. So hubby is gonna stop at the store on his way home and get a preg test. Ill take it tomorrow morning.  I am so hoping for a BFP. Thanks mommas. '

Anyone ever been preg and not have a single symptom other then no AF?

My body really hates me. I had a baby in Dec 2008 got my periods back in feb 2008 and had sporadic periods from February-june and had what I thought was a period in july and got the depo shot. Had a reaction to it so i decided not to get the depo shot. From july until november i didnt get a period. Was told it could take up to a year to get the depo shot to wear off. Well from Dec-June of this year i had sporadic monthly periods and then the last two were my normal periods of 28 day cycles.

Well my period was "due" Sept 26 and i cramped for all of last week. I was so excited to be on a 28 day cycle again in hopes of being able to get preg again. But nope, my period didnt come the 26 and the cramps are all gone and now I am confused. Stupid body. I want another baby so bad. My tummy has also been feeling icky. Like nausea but not as bad.

Okay my rant is over. really no point to this. thanks for reading. Any other mommas going through this? Anyone ever get the depo shot, how long did it take you to get preg again?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jaidamom03
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:27 PM
I hate the depo. It took from August to May to get pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
failed_dreams
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Its been over a year since i had the damn thing and i hate it. I told dh that maybe there is aslim change i am preg and just not having symptoms. Is that possable?

Quoting Jaidamom03:

I hate the depo. It took from August to May to get pregnant.

mama02040608
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:35 PM

I was on Depo from March 06-December 06.  I didn't use any other BC afterwards and got pregnant in December 07.  I only started with regular cycles the September before I got pregnant.  I don't think I had any periods in all that time between going off it and getting them back with a vengeance.  Maybe you are pregnant now?  I only had 3 "regular" periods before getting pregnant. 

failed_dreams
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:42 PM

I dont know if i am preg. not really having any sysmptoms and with my son i was really sick and had sore breasts and all that other fun stuff for a week or so before i even found out i was preg.

Quoting mama02040608:

I was on Depo from March 06-December 06.  I didn't use any other BC afterwards and got pregnant in December 07.  I only started with regular cycles the September before I got pregnant.  I don't think I had any periods in all that time between going off it and getting them back with a vengeance.  Maybe you are pregnant now?  I only had 3 "regular" periods before getting pregnant. 

failed_dreams
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:50 PM

BUMP!

failed_dreams
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:18 PM

BUMP!

mama02040608
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:29 PM
With my youngest, I just had a random wave of nausea that made me go...hmmm. That was it. I'd give it some time and test if AF doesn't arrive.

Quoting failed_dreams:

I dont know if i am preg. not really having any sysmptoms and with my son i was really sick and had sore breasts and all that other fun stuff for a week or so before i even found out i was preg.

Quoting mama02040608:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:31 PM
It only took me four months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
failed_dreams
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:33 PM

thanks mommas. i am never getting the depo shot again. It doesnt help I had a reaction to every birth control they tried to put me on. If AF isnt here by thursday I will take a test. I am so praying to be preg. But for someone reason I have a feeling I am not. We have been trying for so long it feels like.

Ally-Mady
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:37 PM

I had depo when I was 16 and had 3 doses.  I never tried to have a baby so I don't really know how long it took but got pregnant with my first at 20.  I took bc pills for a while, I forgot to take a few so I stopped taking them and got pregnant with 2nd about 6 months later.  I got another depo shot about 2 1/2 months ago and I am not getting another dose.  I am turning 25 soon and plan on getting pregnant again at 27 so I don't want to screw with my body.  I am not going to take any other birth control DH and I will just use protection until we get pregnant again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)