Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He said it to me...

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:41 PM
  • 33 Replies
My 11 yr old ss told me the line I should have expected just not yet.."Your not my real mom" this morning like all mornings he throwing his attitude which I just let pass went to far today. He was yelling at his baby sisters for just walking behind me into his room. I was getting his clothes together..he stomps his feet in his bed started throwing his blanket and i turn say whats going on..he yells WHAT to me i said hey knock off the attitude. Now also just to give background my dh and I have had him living and raising him since he was 4. His bm did not tell my dh of him till she wanted a dna test at 2yrs old. His bm is not active in his life. Never been to his school ever does not know anything going on with him. She picks him up every 3 or 4 months if that for the day and brings him back that day or sometimes the next. She does not pay her back pay she owes..over 5000 to my dh for what we paid to her in cs when she didnt even have him. Ok so the last time she picked him up was to take him to get his school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Doodlesrevenge
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:43 PM

I would have beat his ass.

KellyReedy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:43 PM

GOTTA LOVE STEP CHILDREN!  Mine pulled that!  Our bio mom don't pay either!

woodswalker
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Just say, No im not your REAL mother, but my love for you is REAL .

Kaybean
by Kayleen on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Oh yes..that will really solve the problem. Anyway OP, it sounds like he has anger issues about his bm not being around for one, and then likes to throw it in your face while he's mad. How old is he? How long have you guys had him?

Quoting Doodlesrevenge:

TTC a GIRL? Want a GIRL in the future?
Join this group!!! We share tips and
methods for conceiving that baby girl!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/22322

GoldynGoddess
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Quoting Doodlesrevenge:

This!

It's sticky when you have custody of your skids. They always have that glimmer of hope that thier "real mom" will come and take care of them

Hang in there!

prego7386
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:48 PM

wow..i never said something like that to my step parents! i think you and hubby need to sit down and your husband needs to tell him with you sitting right beside him that you are a parental figure in that household and part of the family and that he is to give you the same exact respect he gives his father!

Ataemommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Doesn't matter what she does or doesn't do. Kid is right. Whatever his reasons are, in his mind, he's right. And when he says that, he wishes she was involved enough to BE a real mother, and he's taking it out on you.

A parent can beat you, do drugs, make you walk home in the snow because they're too drunk to pick you up -- they're still your parent, and as children, we don't see that negative behavior and weigh it alongside the biological bond to make a critical assessment like we can when we are adults.

I commend you for coming here to vent about it and get it out with other grown ups, and I'm sure you know that how you handle that comment will color his respect for you from here on out.

stefvan
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Your dh needs to handle that and back you up as his parent.  Also, why are you getting his clothes together?  He's old enough to do that on his own - especially if he doesn't appreciate you.

cinnabunch
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I would have just looked at him and said "whats your point' lol

ang0708
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:50 PM
Supplies and when she dropped him off she says remember Justin do what ur supposed to so she dont have to yell at you. I was like what but didnt question. Well this morning he yells at me and I raised my voice and told him him to rethink the yelling at me. He starts telling me your not my real mom I was kind of taken back and was like what? I said wether or not I am this is my houd.se and you respect this mom here. He took a second and thought what he said I guess he said i didnt mean it but my real mom said if you get mad at me i can tell you your not my mom. She dont like you and she said this and that. I just told him get dressed and sent him to bus stop. My dh gets into it with ss bm and she starts texting me she never said that and justins lying. She said to my dh that he to:d her why do I have to listen to her shes nt even my mom. My dh told her that she dnt know what it is to be real mom that she dont do my job and take care of all his needs. Pray we have a better day when he gets here. Thnks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)