• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you believe in a higher power & the death penalty...

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:48 PM
  • 14 Replies

Just wonder, if you are religious how do you justify the death penalty?  What happened to, "Thou shalt not kill"?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
radioheid
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:51 PM

I am spiritual but not religious.

I believe in the death penalty.

Our bodies are only organic objects our spirits inhabit. Killing the body does not kill the soul, but it does keep a wicked spirit from doing ill against others, and serves as a punishment for the wicked---they can no longer enjoy the playground that is human life on planet Earth.

LollipopDreams
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:53 PM
The original and correct commandment says murder not kill.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stefvan
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Thou shalt not kill is referring to the death of innocent people (translated from the same word that means murder if I remember correctly). 

God carried out the dealth penalty plenty of times in the Bible and ordered people to do so.

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Quoting LollipopDreams:

The original and correct commandment says murder not kill.

Ok...and?

BlacksheepSati
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Eye for an eye.

gulfcoastmom4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Quoting stefvan:

Thou shalt not kill is referring to the death of innocent people (translated from the same word that means murder if I remember correctly). 

God carried out the dealth penalty plenty of times in the Bible and ordered people to do so.

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Quoting gulfcoastmom4:

Quoting stefvan:

But what happens to the executioners when they kill/murder someone who is later found to be innocent?  Are they then murderers?

BlacksheepSati
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:06 PM

it is unfrotunate. but since the rabid dogs of society would kill MANY MORE innocents if given the chance. i am content personally

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting gulfcoastmom4:

Quoting stefvan:

But what happens to the executioners when they kill/murder someone who is later found to be innocent?  Are they then murderers?

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Quoting BlacksheepSati:

it is unfrotunate. but since the rabid dogs of society would kill MANY MORE innocents if given the chance. i am content personally

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting gulfcoastmom4:

Quoting stefvan:

But, please, I ask again, "Are they then murderers"? 

gypsy_rose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:13 PM

i don't belive in thou shalt not kill not all religions belive in the ten comandments.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)