Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oprah's Conversation with Child Molesters

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:51 PM
  • 56 Replies

so we all know about the creepy, scary sexual predators. but those are not the only ones we should worry about. There's those kinds that groom their victim's and make em think it's ok with what is going on. To be honest, idk about the second kind!

this is a must watch video, i don't know how to embedded it here, so i'm just adding the link to the videos. Please watch it, we need to learn how to protect our children!

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Oprahs-Conversation-with-Child-Molesters

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gailll
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:22 PM

My son's Boy Scout leader was a child molester and I knew him very well. I couldn't watch this because even though it's been 9 years it still makes me feel like throwing up, I knew everyone involved. It ended up at least 6 boys came forward and he pleaded guilty to 3 counts of child molesting and sexual misconduct with a minor.

The other boys were so messed up the prosecutor didn't think he could put them on the stand and he decided to go forward with the 3 counts he knew he could get convictions with. The defense attourney got him to pled guilty at the last minute. The Scout Leader was an Eagle Scout and was a Red Cross swimming instructor for 20+ years and had been in the locker room with boys every week. He got liver cancer in prison and is dead.

Scouts leader charged with sex crimes (May 2, 2001 Evansville Courier & Press/AP).

Boy Scout troop leader Steve Woodard, 41, of Muncie, Ind., accused of molesting three brothers, has been charged with child molesting and sexual misconduct with a minor. Woodard remained in the Delaware County jail Wednesday morning (May 2) with bond set at $80,000.

The 4 things Oprah says you the parent should know are important are

1. You usually know the molester (stranger danger is a myth)
  2. They gain your trust
  3. They manipulate the child
  4. You can protect your child by noticing unusual behavior in adults and in children and listen to children that say they have been molested. Children should keep telling trusted adults until someone listens.  
mommydcruz
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:42 PM

it is very hard to watch! but i think it's really important for those of us that don't know about any of this to watch it! 

i'm really sorry that happened to your son :( 

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:44 PM

I saw part of that interview when it was on Oprah.  Very creepy.  I do think people don't understand that children are usually molested by someone they know who is NICE to them.

StRita
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:47 PM

These molesters are ABNORMALLY nice to children.  No grown man wants to spend that much time with children.  People need to open their eyes.  These guys are hiding in plain sight but nobody wants to see them.  

If you think something is wrong err on the side of caution.  It's not being rude,  it's protecting a child.

RedMomma4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:48 PM
Bump so I can watch later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:50 PM

bump

mommydcruz
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:11 PM

BUMP!

mysteriousdaze
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Quoting RedMomma4:

Bump so I can watch later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kennethsmom910
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:17 PM
Bump to watch later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommydcruz
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:32 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)