Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! I need help might be long

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:52 PM
  • 6 Replies

I changed or created a new username because I am THAT embarrassed and desperate for help. I dont have anyone to ask in person. Sadly I dont have family that I can trust and hardly have any friends. I have been a member on CM for many many years so I know the routine, please try and help me not bash...

many years ago i met and fell in love with a guy. he broke my heart a few times but I hung around. he played a lot of games with my mind. I know most would say LEAVE run whatever... it was never that easy. From the time I was little my fear has always been being alone,,, so I clung to him. he drug me and my child through the dirt. he really did shit on me. He lived with me for 3 years and never worked, paid a bill, or bought things. But I clung.

2 years ago we moved into our first home with both names on the lease...  He started working 2 years ago and things started to change. he started helping out a lot. He started spending time with my child and began to throw around the L word with my child. the feelings are mutual there and he is good to my child.

I remember however about 8 months ago I overheard him on the phone with his mom. He said something along the lines of "I love _______ (my child) and thats the reason Im here"

STOPPPPPPP say what? you are only here because of my kid? I never said anything to him about it. I let it go. and here we are nearly a year later and I am still holding it in and battling those emotions. well we are about to get married here soon and I am having some bad feelings. I read all of these posts and my mind starts to wander...

did he only ask me to marry him to shut me up

does he even want to be with me

is he going to leave me again

Maybe it is just all of the negativity I read on here but it is bothering me. i cant stop thinking about the old him that hurt me so many times. I cant get the negatives out of my mind. and then recently he has

stopped calling me at lunch

started going to work 1 hr early

working 1 hr later

and i am just scared. I am going to talk to him tonight... just wanting some advice please...

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
supersadmomma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:56 PM

BUMP!

supersadmomma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:58 PM

BUMP!

bmom7210
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:59 PM
Talk to him tell him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Run.  Do not pass go.  Do not get married.  This is not a good guy.  You will regret it.

People do not change . . . not without intense, internal motivation.  Do not expect him to change because you will be sorely disappointed.

motherofzandz
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:50 PM
I think u need to really talk to him before its too late and ur in even deeper than u are now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deliela
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Quoting motherofzandz:

I think u need to really talk to him before its too late and ur in even deeper than u are now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)