• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who does she think she is yelling at my daughter?! *EDIT*

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:07 PM
  • 31 Replies

So my 6 month old has torticollis, which means the muscles on one side of her neck is too tight so she has to go to physical therapy every 2 weeks. So in the room that she goes in there are a bunch of toys. So my 2 year old likes to go. Well where they stretch my 6 month old its like a bed but its a gym mat instead of a matress. There has been a girl there the past couple weeks in training. The physical therapist who stretches Alli (my 6 month old) has been the one training her. Normally she lets Zoey (my 2 year old) get on the mat with her and talk to Alli cause she likes to try to help. Well today the physical therapist asked if it was ok if the new girl streched Alli. I said it was fine. So there she was stretching Alli and Zoey wanted to get on the mat and give Alli and toy and try to help by talking all cute to her. Well...the girl freakin stretched Alli's neck way too far and hurt her neck making her cry. What does she do? "ZOEY YOU REALLY CANT BE UP HERE!!" WTH?! I said, "She was only trying to help, she didnt hurt her, you did". She didnt say anything. At the end she was trying to be all nice and talk about how cute my girls are blah blah blah. I said nothing to her. I told the physical therapist who normally stretches her and actually knows what the hell she is doing that I dont want that woman stretching Alli anymore, only her. Damn it. Wouldnt you be upset too? I really dont think she should have yelled at Zoey that way..especially when Zoey didnt do anything wrong.

Ok...well....let me clarify. The previous visit before todays visit, Zoey got on the mat. I told her to get down. Both of the ladies was working with her, they said she was fine that she wasnt doing anything wrong. The new lady was even helping stretch at that time and she too said that Zoey was fine being there. She was just sitting there. So I am pretty sure this was not her first time stretching a baby especially since she has been there for 2 weeks and was helping stretch her 2 weeks ago. So I am pretty sure she has stretched other babies since. And Allis torticollis is not even that bad anymore. Before she did it, the lady who normally does it NEVER made her cry. Only in the very beginning did she cry. But after about a month she was much better, today is the first time she cried in like 2 or 3 months. *If* she was nervous..she should have asked me to get her. Not yell at her. But like I said, I really dont think this was her first time doing this. And after she made Alli cry, the lady who normally stretches her took her from her.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy_rose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Well i think blame goes both ways. while she was a bit rude YOU also need to know not all people are going to feel comfortable with your eldest on the mat with the younger it can be VERY distracting!

Zoeysmommy1023
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:12 PM

She was fine with it UNTIL she hurt my babies neck. She was trying to make it look like Zoey did something. Zoey was just sitting there not even doing anything.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Well i think blame goes both ways. while she was a bit rude YOU also need to know not all people are going to feel comfortable with your eldest on the mat with the younger it can be VERY distracting!

Mommy2One881
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:14 PM

I have to agree.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:14 PM

I agree with the PP, while the lady should not have yelled at your child, YOU should have kept your child away, especially since this lady has never dealt with your child before and was probably a bit nervous!

momofnhimai
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:15 PM

she should have yell at you not your daughter.

iansusie
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:16 PM

yeah, maybe she had no right to yell at your child but also she might have hurt the baby because she was nervous and your oldest was making her more nervous....

Quoting Zoeysmommy1023:

She was fine with it UNTIL she hurt my babies neck. She was trying to make it look like Zoey did something. Zoey was just sitting there not even doing anything.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

gypsy_rose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM

She probably hurt your daughter because she was a nervious wreck having your other daughter right up like that. I am sorry but if your younger was geting a shot would you have your older all up and over her as well? Sorry to me you are more at fault. What she did is wrong but you are also to blame.

Quoting Zoeysmommy1023:

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Zoeysmommy1023
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM

And like I said to the PP. The lady was fine with her being there. Normally they let her go up there. The first time she got up there at a previous appointment I told Zoey to get down but they said she was fine that she wasnt doing anything. And the new girl was there too helping her stretch. It seemed like she tried to make it look like Zoey made the baby cry when clearly she did not, she pulled her neck to hard.

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

I agree with the PP, while the lady should not have yelled at your child, YOU should have kept your child away, especially since this lady has never dealt with your child before and was probably a bit nervous!

sweetwatertaffi
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:19 PM

My great niece had the very same condition because my niece was to dang lazy to keep the baby out of the car seat. I guess the therapist got a little nervous with zoey around during her first time with the baby.

busymomo1
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:20 PM

no she shouldn't have yelled at your DD, and if she was distracted by your oldest (as the PP think) SHE should have said something to you so you could get your DD to give her more space. since she didn't even bother telling you that her being up there was an issue-yes-it is her fault and she shouldn't have yelled at your DD

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)