Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need an idea for a good punishment

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:04 PM
  • 24 Replies

I was outside with my 3 year old.  He kept throwing rocks and I kept telling him to stop.  He wouldn't stop so I told him to sit in time out.  He picks up the biggest rock he can find and comes running at me then threw it right at me.  Thankfully he missed.

He's in his room right now until I can figure out a fitting punishment.  What do you think I should do?

This is NOT the first time things like this have happened.  Whenever he gets sent to time out he will chase me down to hit or kick me.

What would you do?  And no, I'm not spanking him.

*more info*

We were in my gravel driveway so he can't really pick up the rocks.  Who knows which ones they were!

And yes, he takes me seriously.  He does not get in trouble much but when he does this angry little child comes out.

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto3infl
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Sorry spanking at this point for my kids-esp if they do that with a time out.  As for I would give one warning then if they did it again they would have been inside.

airforewifenmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:09 PM
Um id spank. BUT maybe ground him from tv or toys for the day. Which ever he likes most.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wsv777
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:10 PM
What's his favorite past time? Take it away for awhile and have him earn it back! My dd luvs Dora doll I have her pack her up with accessories and she can earn it back by being a good listener. Spanking hurts less than taking favorite past time away...lol and I'm a spanker:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:10 PM

I don't spank him because he is sensitive like me and spankings were just plain devestating to me when I was little.  They didn't teach me ANYTHING, just made me feel unwanted, unloved, and even hated.

KaitelynnesMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Take away the things he enjoys most. get some tape and make an X on the ground away from everyone and make him sit there for 3 mins and when he gets up ask him to tell you sorry and tell you why he did what he did. works wonders for my 2 yr old

bananahammock1
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:11 PM
Well.. If you arent going to spank him ( which is what id do) then take every single toy out of his room for a week. He needs to learn that his actions bring consequence.. Obviously he doesnt take you seriously.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shauna71904
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:12 PM

make him pick up all of the rocks and put them back where they go... then kick him! ohhh i was jk dont kick him but have him clean up the rocks and sit out not playing for a while

Sara3kids
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:14 PM

LOL not that what you posted is funny...i came on here wanting to type the same title.

I know you don't spank so I am at a loss sorry

La-Belle-Vie
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:15 PM
Well I always have something in mind when I first tell him to stop, so I will warn him with a time out and after time out is up I tell him if he does that again he has a privilege taken away. So usually it will be tv time, play time, ect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:15 PM

He is a well behaved kid most of the time.  He only gets time outs maybe 3-4 times a week because he usually listens.

Just because he has a temper doesn't mean he doesn't take me seriously!

Trust me, there are consequences to his actions and his playroom has been put off limits MANY times in the past and I'm sure MANY times in the future.  But he can make a toy out of anything!  Seriously, I cannot take away his feet which he will have full out conversations with when I take away his toys.  He has a never ending imagination!

And we only watch tv as a reward for a REALLY good day or on a rare occasion so I can't just take that away.

Quoting bananahammock1:

Well.. If you arent going to spank him ( which is what id do) then take every single toy out of his room for a week. He needs to learn that his actions bring consequence.. Obviously he doesnt take you seriously.

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)