Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with more than one child- PLEASE READ

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:05 PM
  • 59 Replies

So I am just wondering How old was your first baby when you got pregnant with the second baby?

Did you feel like you were taking something away from your first baby when you had your second?

I am wondering because I can not shake the feeling of having another baby DH is totally for it... But I don't know if my son will be mad at me for having another baby. (he is 10 months old now)

Idk... Please answer my questions, and give me any advise you want :)

in loveMarried to Kenny since 2-26-09

Mother to Gauge born 12-1-09 baby boy

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy_rose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:06 PM

ummmm BIOLOGICLY They will be 5 years and 8 months apart when this one is born.....I also now have 3 other kids who are my DF's a 7 year old a 4 year old and a 22 month old

heathercook78
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:08 PM
15 months and yes I felt guilty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerebelly

My first was 3 1/2 when the second one came along.  I liked that age difference.  With # 3 and 4 they are 23 mos apart.  Much harder imo.

MamaBloom777

DS will be 3 in December & I'm pregnant with #2 now....due in April.  I do worry that he's had so much time with us as an only child that he will resent the baby, but we'll figure it out. 

erinbills
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:09 PM

My son was 2 1/2 when I got pregnant with our second child. They are 3 years and 4 months apart.

jillbailey26

When I found out I was pregnant my oldest was 6 months old, lol.  He was 15 months old when my second was born.  I don't feel like I was taking anything away from him because he still got my time.

For me, in the beginning it was hard.  I had 2 in diapers and I got no break on bottles (well, 3 months).  It got easier as they got older and they play and fight a lot with each other.  They always keep each other company.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

gaugesmomma1209

So do you think that if you had baby #2 earlier it would have been easier for your son?

Quoting MamaBloom777:

DS will be 3 in December & I'm pregnant with #2 now....due in April.  I do worry that he's had so much time with us as an only child that he will resent the baby, but we'll figure it out. 

in loveMarried to Kenny since 2-26-09

Mother to Gauge born 12-1-09 baby boy

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:10 PM
My son was 22mo when his brother was born. He didn't seem to care and they totally love having eachother around now. No guilt here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicasMommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:12 PM

My daughter was 28 months when my son was born! It was perfect, they get along GREAT!

KME3
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:12 PM
My daughter was 5 and no I did not feel guilty...but my oldest did stare daggers at me when she was born lol...she got over it ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)