Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O sexless marriage.... Whats normal **POLL ADDED**

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:09 PM
  • 30 Replies

Poll

Question: How often do you "do it"

Options:

1 time a day

every other day

2-3 times a week (7 day week)

bi weekly

monthly

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 66

View Results

ok really stupid and sad question... whats the "normal" amount of times for a committed couple to have sex a week?

does the number mean anything?

PS I KNOW THERE IS NO "NORMAL" AND EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT JUST CURIOUS AS TO WHERE I PERSONALLY COMPARE TO YA'LL.

THANKS!

My daughter has limb girdle muscular dystrophy. She may waddle, she may fall, but she is not ignorant. She sees you stare. She hears you snicker. Her heart aches like mine and yours when people laugh at her. Be polite and ask about her condition rather than be rude and make fun of her. Please educate yourself, as I can only educate her so much about ignorance and stupidity. I can only tell her so much about just how cruel the world can be.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:09 PM

I think 1-2 times a week,
We were never normal in our 6 years of marriage until now :(
I hate it! "normal " for us used to be 1-2 times a day!

MamaBloom777
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:10 PM

I think everyone can have a different "normal".  There are a lot of variables to consider (sex drive, schedules, kids, etc.)

Shauna71904
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:11 PM

ok so whats your normal? Im scared to say mine... Thinking about it I am sort of sad... ok really sad. sheesh I am sad today

mz_erica03
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:11 PM

I don't think there is a "normal" number.

armywife009
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Normal for us is once every other week now. I am pregnant and have a 1 yr old daughter and by the end of the day I am pooped. I just want to read some of my book and fall asleep. Just don't have the energy anymore. I would love to do it more often, but like I said, I am pooped at the end of the day.  :(

prego7386
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:13 PM

hmm maybe you should make a pole to compare easier...this study is a little dated but gives you an idea of the average...we are about 4 or 5 times a week.

A survey by Durex, a leading research firm, found the frequency of sexual interaction varies significantly from country to country. The global average for frequency of sex is 109 times per year (2.1 times per week, or once every 3.3 days). The following summary shows how individual nations compare to the national average of frequency of sexual interaction per year.

Frequency By Country
United States 135
Russia 133
France 128
Germany 127
Britain 124

People from Thailand had the lowest average sexual frequency at 64 times per year, half the frequency of Americans.

Source: 1997 Durex Global Sex Survey

clovismommy25
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Normal for us is about once a day. We are only 22 though. so who knows in the future. I think it if cut back to much I would be upset. I LOVE sex!

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Ok, here is a link that goes by age and also married couples and it's from 1994, so I am not sure if it's changed any since then, Darn it! Why can I not be in that 7% anymore, lol!!!!

Quote:

13% of married couples reported having sex a few times per year, 45% reported a few times per month, 34% reported 2-3 times per week, and 7% reported 4 or more times per week (Laumann, Gagnon, Michael, Michaels, 1994).

http://askville.amazon.com/average-married-couple-sex/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=423193

Shauna71904
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:18 PM

hmmm see :( I am lucky if we do it bi weekly... hmph. I want to but he doesnt. sighhhhhhh

i am 23 and he is 28 so im not old or anything.

tazmidgiefairy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:18 PM

this is a huge fight between my husband I i want it more then once a mth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)