• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wwyd?? your child if sick and your child drs office is closed for a week? edit

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:11 PM
  • 33 Replies

Poll

Question: would you take your child to the er or wait a week?

Options:

er

wait a week

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

my son has been sick since last thusday evening. friday he had a fever so no school than saturday he starts to get a bad cough and sunday its worse. than yesterday it was really bad so i keep him home from school and at 8:30 i call the drs office they are closed the dr is on vacation for a week. so today i took him to the er. what would you have done if this was you? take them to the er or wait a week when your childs drs office opens back up? he has a horrible cough, runny nose, running fevers off and on, chills, sore throat, ans says his chest hurts

he had early on set of pneumonia he is know to get really sick pretty fast. and i hate the hospital here with everything in me. they were horrible last year when dd was rushed to the er they refused to treat her. (long story) but they where good with ds today. the hospital was really empty they took us back as soon as we got there. and the dr was in the room waiting for us. and seriously i think some of you are crazy saying to change drs just cuz hes on vacation and no dr to see any sick people. i'm keeping his dr he is the only dr i could find in town that will treat my dd's asthma and that can get same day appt almost always.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QueenFelicia
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:12 PM

i would go to one of those emergicare places, not the er for the symptoms you describe.

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:13 PM
Go to a different drs office, urgent care, ER would be last resort.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ErikaM27
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:13 PM

i would take him to another clinic or an urgent care

celestegood
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:13 PM

URGENT CARE!  Preferably for kids....they have them in our town that are pediatric urgent care.

MikeysMom51108
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:14 PM

I would try to take him to Urgent Care if possible, otherwise, I'd go to the ER.

What did they say? Did they give him a diagnosis? Bronchitis is going around pretty bad here. My whole class has had it, I'm just getting over it, and my nephew has it. Thankfully, my kids aren't sick....at least, not yet, let's hope it stays that way.

Anyway, I hope he feels better soon!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Kristen1010
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:14 PM
I'd go to a after hours place. The I'd find a new Dr - who has someone cover for him when he's o vacation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megarooniduh
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:15 PM

I don't think I would take my son to the ER since it's not an emergency, but do you have a differant doctors office you could go to? One that you pay cash for the appointment? My son's doctor if he goes out of town has another doctor that takes over his sick appointments if needed, that's weird that your doctor didn't.

xxlilmomma09

I would take my child to the ER and make sure it is not pneumonia.

beerebelly

What was the diagnosis?  And no, I wouldn't have done the ER.

pandorasbox69

Quoting ErikaM27:

i would take him to another clinic or an urgent care

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)