Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any sports for a 3 almost 4 yr old?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:27 PM
  • 17 Replies

My son is 3 almost 4 and I want to get him into some sort of sport or activity. Any suggestions? And where can I get information about it? I tried to search google but didnt come up with anything. Thanks.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ps.iloveyou
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:29 PM
Check a YMCA if u have one near you. They offer sports for children that young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaoftwins9197
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Swimming!  We did our first lessons when the twins were 11 months old and now we are getting ready to do it again, they just turned 3.  In the spring we are doing soccer.  You can check and see if any of your local karate centers start that young.  We can't start until they are 5.  Check with your county's rec department.  Good luck and have fun!!!

Logansmom2506
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:31 PM

My son just turned 4 and he does soccer.  I looked on our community website to find the info.  There are a ton of activities for children of his age.

jgwilliams
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:33 PM

for three year olds here there is soccer and swimming... at 4 there is wrestling and taekwondo along with the previous two I am not sure where you should look for your area though... good luck! my son is three and is in soccer right now... he absolutely loves it

stefvan
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Soccer

ddhb2007
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Try your local community ed.  My daughter, 3, has taken ice skating lessons.  Our community education program offers swimming and gymnastics for 3 year olds.  For 4 year olds they have t-ball and soccer in addition to ice skating, swimming, and gymnastics.  I think at 5, they can sign up for fencing, cheerleading, and some other sports too. 

ceciliam
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Same here.

Quoting Logansmom2506:

My son just turned 4 and he does soccer.  I looked on our community website to find the info.  There are a ton of activities for children of his age.

robinalbright
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:52 PM
my 2 year old is going to start t ball next year. my husband is the "couch" but i like the fact that all the parents are involved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherofzandz
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:53 PM
Here the rec department does t ball at 3. my ds turns 3 in jan so we are doing that in the spring. Then flag football in the fall next year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by Carin on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Do you have a Y (YMCA) there? They have sports programs that start at age 3 there. I know they have like wee basketball, wee soccer, tee-ball, that kind of thing. But it usually runs through spring and summer months here where I live, so they might not have anything available for the fall. Check them out though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)