Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do we really live in a society where child is mandated to be in daycare instead of at home with its loving parent?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:28 PM
  • 73 Replies

I recently heard a story I'd like some input on, here's the short version of the story:

A woman and her children's father are seperated and the woman recently lost her job and could not pay for daycare so she told him that she'd be keeping them home with her. So then he has requested that the court order the children be in daycare instead of at home with their mother. 

I personally find it hard to believe that we have a court system would mandate a preschooler to be in daycare when here in NH they do not even require kindergarten. 

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Well, when the government gets involved, stupid decisions get made!

rocker_mommy_08
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:00 PM
DCF got involved with m friend (her bf hit her in font of her baby) and DCF told her that her son NEEDS to be in daycare. Last time I checked, if theres a parent home and able to care for the baby...daycare isnt necessary
momma_2b_2010
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:01 PM

wow thats crazy, if the mother is at home and able to care for the child its best for them to stay home with their mother! imo

dusky_rose
by Sue on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:04 PM

That doesn't sound right, why would they order that the child be in daycare when the mom could take care of that child?

Click above to join Motivate to Get in Shape!

nemiller
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:04 PM

that's ridiculous.  of course, if someone wants my son to be in daycare, THEY can foot the bill.  while i'm home, there's no reason at all that i should have to pay for daycare instead of having him with me.

gulfcoastmom4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:05 PM

I would fight that all that way. NONE of my children will ever step foot in daycare.

kymomma1974
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:06 PM
im really not surprised! ive heard of craziers things......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbkpurr2053
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:12 AM

Thanks for the replies!  The way I see it is if the court mandates these children go to daycare it is a HUGE slam to SAHM everywhere! 

dirtroads
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:15 AM

If he is paying child support then he should have a right to say where his child is during the day. Not to mention if she lost her job and is collecting child support, where will she be getting other income from? Public assistance no doubt. Which I don't agree with her having a right to sit at home all day, getting paid to take care of her child. Not on MY dollar.

southern_momof2
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:15 AM
Same here!!

Quoting gulfcoastmom4:

I would fight that all that way. NONE of my children will ever step foot in daycare.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)