• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it fair?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:32 PM
  • 5 Replies
To judge someone else's job or make assumptions about it without ever having worked it?
I know that's all we do is judge people on here, but beyond that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jillbailey26
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:33 PM

I'd say it highly depends on the job, lol.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

gavansmommy

no, not necessarily.  I think it is all circumstantial

two4one

Nope. I know how it feels. People judge teachers all the time. I would never put down what anyone did for a living.

uglyrose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM

it happens all the  time. i am a SAHM and i get judged all the time. mostly assumptions, i'm on welfare, that whole thing. that is far from the truth. but heads turn and people are interested when i tell them "I'm an Executive Director of Children's Services".

judybant
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:39 PM

When it comes to illegal or immoral jobs, I tend to be judgmental. But as far as fast food, or other low-paying service sector jobs, I have no bad judgments, because at least someone working those jobs is TRYING. And not everyone who is capable of handling college is offered that opportunity. Some people, such as myself, were born into families that made just enough to disqualify them from any sort of "free" financial aid, and not enough to qualify them for enough in student loans to get into any sort of "real" college, so we had to "settle" for community college, which didn't give us a lot of choices in life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)