Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i really really need help please!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM
  • 25 Replies
Hi ladies.i am looking for something that I can do to calm down.i have anxiety and stress so bad that I have had a full on body rash for over five weeks. I am looking for ideas or suggestions to calm me down. Medications aren't working for the rash or the stress and anxiety.I am looking for any ideas that have worked on anyone in the past. I can't meditae because I am a stay at home mom with 3 kids under 5. So no quiet time. Btw, they ae the only things keeping me sane at the moment. Any suggestions? Please. The dr. Said I am killing myself with this stress, I just don't know how to stop it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3ridesnow
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:37 PM
I always found coloring with the kids nice and relaxing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pandorasbox69
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:37 PM
I will try that thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pandorasbox69
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:38 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Logansmom2506
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Do you have any family or friends near you to help you out? 

beckygeiger
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:39 PM

what medicines have you tried? Abilify really helped my stress. also cutting out ALL caffeine helped my anxiety and I was able to get off my klonopin

gypsy_rose
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:40 PM

when they go to bed take a hot bath and read a book

JacobsMommy1208
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:40 PM
cut back on Caffeine and eat whole grain foods and lots of protein!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcook55
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:41 PM

what is stressing you out in the first place? maybe start there and see if you can get a friend or family to watch the kids at least once a week so you can have some quiet mommy time even if you can and have a bubble bath or go have a coffee

aikenchic
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Sorry- My mom is going through the same thing only she has had hives for 2 years.  SHe has been to an allergist and been on drugs for stress and nothing has helped.  Good luck though.  I read when I get a chance but with 3 kids that is out.  Maybe make a point of watching a really funny movie every day? Don't know but I feel for you.

Cindy1023
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:43 PM

What is causing the stress?  I think you would need to find that out first in order to find a solution. You could always try playing soothing music in the background. If you ever do get some time alone (ie. nap time) you could always take a bubble bath or something. I also paint with my son, he's 4 and we've been doing it for a few years. Try reading. Drink some camomile tea. They have some type of lotions that you can rub on your temples or other parts of the body that are suppose to relax you (something about the menthol and the smell). Hope you find something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)