Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby registry question..

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:45 PM
  • 20 Replies

My sis is getting ready to go do her baby registry tomorrow. Her mother in law is telling her to add the crib, dresser, etc. My sister feels like it's rude to add things like that, cause the parents should provide that stuff for their child. She doesn't want to put much on her registry cause she doesn't want it to look like she's asking for a lot. This is her list of what she's putting on there:

Bottles (and things like bottle brush, drying rack, etc.)
Pacifiers
Boppy
Bumbo
Bouncer Chair
Health kit
Receiving Blankets
Bibs/burp cloths
& The Highchair (some ladies in her office are going together on a gift and told her to put the one she wants on there.)

And that's all she's putting. When I had my daughter we put everything EXCEPT the furniture (we'd already gotten it) bedding (again we'd gotten it) and a few other things. But we put things like the carseat/stroller,  etc. We used it as a registry AND as a shopping list for ourselves. 

Do you think it's rude to add things like furniture, carseats, strollers, and big baby gear items like playpen, swing, etc? Please be honest. Thanks!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessasmamma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:51 PM

BUMP!

ps.iloveyou
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:53 PM
No. I put everything on mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jodyann2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:54 PM

i would put everything on mine.. its also a way to keep track of what you will need.. its not rude in my opinion..

MommyOnLI
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:54 PM

it's not rude at all, every registry i have ever seen had, furniture, rockers, 4 car seats, 2+ strollers

my friend got me my car seat & entire bedding set

my aunt got my all my furniture (except crib)

my ILs got us the crib & infant carrier and 3 strollers (travel one, light weight and umbrella)

his cousin got us the spare car seat

we got 2 pack n plays (1 more than we asked for)

you put everything you need for the baby, and people decide whether or not they will get it for them, and if they dont then let the parents to be buy it

Mommy2One881
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:55 PM

I would add a car seat, stroller, play pen and swing. I know my family likes to go in on gifts together. Two or three of them will go in and get the stroller together.

Bknotnobody

She should put that stuff on there, places like babies r us if you don't get all the stuff on your registry you get a coupon at the end to get money off of it. Which is why I did it, I didn't expect/still don't expect anyone to buy the high priced items... but they're on there so WE can get the discount after babys born. :)

scperdomo

We put everything on there as well. Thats what the registry is for! My parents and my In-Laws ended up buying the bit ticket items, like stroller, carseat, crib, changing table, etc, but we still put it on there. We are pretty close with our families so if someone wanted to go in on a big ticket item with other family members then they would know what we wanted!

But if she only wants to put that stuff on there, she is entitled to that as well. Whatever makes her happy!

MommyOnLI

ETA: people will buy things.. but if its not on the registry people may think she has them already

TygerLily62

I think when you put things like the crib and stuff on there than people might get together and go in on a big gift for you if they know that you need it. Otherwise it's a good indication that gift cards are very appreciated.

KristinasMom163

NO NO NO!! It is not rude at all. People actually REALLY appriciate it if you put a lot of things on there because they have much more to choose from. When it comes to baby showers, women do NOT just want to give you gift cards. Woman LOVE shopping for baby stuff so the more you put on there the better. I just had my daughter in July and actually had a lot of complaints that I didn't put enough on my registry. Tell her to put more on, she won't regret it. I was shocked at how many people reached out to me and bought me things. People come out of the woodworks when they find out a baby is on the way! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)