• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Educational toys for 2 1/2 year old

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:46 PM
  • 14 Replies

I need some ideas for educational toy ideas for my daughter (well and my niece for Christmas).  We've gotten her a lot of just fun stuff and a lot of books and I just don't know what to get her.  She already has a bunch of educational stuff but I am sure she will outgrow that before next Christmas (and her birthday is February 1st so we will be buying Christmas and birthday gifts at the same time.)  She will be getting a lot of books, crayons and other crafty things, and blocks.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miss.Kristin
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:51 PM

BUMP!

mommy03021207
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:53 PM
I'm getting my ds who will be 3 in dec leapfrog clickstart, and the tag junior system plus all his train stuff. He loves his leapster also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelbaby08
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:38 PM

BUMP Because I need idea too! = )

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Buy the highest quality blocks you can afford (like you see in preschools).  I did when my twins were 3 and that was the best hundred bucks I ever spent. 

kaitlynsmommy31
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:03 PM

BUMP!

susie132
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:05 PM

BUMP I want to know too.

cindy3511
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:07 PM
My daughter is 2 1/2 and will be 3 in Nov. We got her the MobiGo by V-Tech and she loves it. I also have an iPod Touch and have downloaded educational games for her to play. We are thinking about getting her the v-reader also from v-tech.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:14 PM

a tag Jr system if she doesnt have it would be great for her.  Does she have any board games yet? There are alot of memory match games out starting around this age.

bluelola
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:17 PM

I like the good old fashioned toys for pre-schoolers.  Blocks (the ones from IKEA) were one of our best investments. 

ZoeCY
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:22 AM

She does have the tag jr but she doesn't have very many books for it, so we could do that.  She does not have any board games really.  Thanks!!!

Quoting frndlyfn:

a tag Jr system if she doesnt have it would be great for her.  Does she have any board games yet? There are alot of memory match games out starting around this age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)