Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Acting like you don't care when you really do?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you think? Does it effect them wanting you back when you act like you don't care?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

So random question ladies.... After a break up (whether it be you who broke it off or him) and acting like you don't care and making it seem as though it doesn't effect you emotionally make him hurt, angry, reget the break up, want you back, etc.? Comment, stories, and feedback all welcome =) Hope you all have a good day!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
AngelxBaby07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:03 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:03 PM
I don't believe in playing head games of any kind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmommy031309
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:04 PM

BUMP!

ashleydjgc
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Not sure. I think it depends. If he really wanted to end it then I dont think he will be hurt, his ego my get bruised though, especially if you go out like the next night. ANd if you broke it off and he didnt want that to happen I think he would be hurt

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:08 PM

my sil (my brother's wife) had to use that tactic... but she did it because i told her... i guess their common pattern was that he would feel like he was getting too entrenched in the relationship (when they were dating b4 they married this year)  and he would dump her... and she would call him.. and try to get him back... until i told her that is useless... you need to show him that you are FINE with or without him - because honestly  any woman is fine without any man whenever as far as i care... and men truly NEED women more than women need men... so she played the game,  acted as if she was fine,  not mad at him,  she didnt act like she didnt still care for him but she didnt go calling him... and that was the Last time he ever pulled that shit.  proposed a few months later.  because he realized he might actually lose her. but that is just one example.  

SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:09 PM
It works like a charm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMichelle88
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:10 PM

I found out pretty quickly that there's not much point in doing that. Sometimes it does work, but it usually turns out that those guys aren't worth your time, because as soon as you show you do care, they will just leave or start problems again.

ErikaM27
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:17 PM

I broke up with my dh when we were dating. He insisted on getting back with me. He went to my apartment once with his little sister to go to the movies. I was getting ready to leave out with my friends when he showed up. He insisted I go with him. I told him no I had already made plans. I left with my friends anyways. Now that we talk about it he tells me how much it hurt that I didn't show that I cared. I did care but  I was moving on. He said that it hurt him and made him realized how he didnt want to lose me .  He tried even harder to get me back. We have been together for almost 8 yrs . I was not playing games with him. I am that way I move on and I don't like to play games. If we were broken up I wasn't going to play hard to get. I was moving on with my life and he saw that.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Why play games? Be an adult and tell the person how you feel if you want to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)