• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bad iud story's

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:27 PM
  • 15 Replies
i have an iud and herd alot of people say i would get an iud but i've herd some bad things about them. but i have no probablems with mine. but i want to hear what ya'll have herd or experienced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
samthecat001
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:28 PM

i have the paragard.  have had it for 6 years total (twice).  not a single problem.  LOVE IT!

FuzzybugsMommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I know I need something better than what I'm doing -- the shot. I've gained weight because of it, and I don't like it, but I've heard the stories about uterus perforation and that scares me.

starryeyez23
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:34 PM

I had the paraguard.My period was REALLY heavy and then it just fell out

MommyToEthan
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:37 PM

i've only had mine since the end of july, but i freaking LOVE it!!!

Quoting samthecat001:

i have the paragard.  have had it for 6 years total (twice).  not a single problem.  LOVE IT!

Do you have a BOY??   If so, come join us at RAISING BOYS!  It's a great group for mothers of boys of any age!  Hope to see you there!!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/336/

MommyToEthan
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:38 PM

how long did you have it before it fell out?

just curious - i've had mine since july.   my periods are heavier, but my doctor told me that was normal.  

Quoting starryeyez23:

I had the paraguard.My period was REALLY heavy and then it just fell out

Do you have a BOY??   If so, come join us at RAISING BOYS!  It's a great group for mothers of boys of any age!  Hope to see you there!!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/336/

Mommy2LnJ
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:38 PM

I have the paragard and have had it for over 3 years. I haven't had a single problem. I have heard a lot of bad things about Mirena. I would never get that, and once we decide the time is right to have another kid, I'll have it removed and then I will be getting paragard again.

aprilmommy2007
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I have the paragard and the only horror story I have is that the cramps when they first put it in and now i love it I have had it since may and id do it again in a heart beat

TheFoo
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:43 PM

I have the mirana so far so good

Momsthename0609
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:43 PM

I had the Mirena and still had my periods. Then around the time I stopped breast-feeding DS2 I got pregnant with it in. The DR swore that I wasn't pregnant I got it taken out and then hemorrhaged for 3 weeks. I took a test after the bleeding had stopped and I was pregnant. DH and I obviously never did anything while I was bleeding. So my guess is the DR was wrong and I was indeed pregnant

masonsmommy107
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:05 PM
i have mirena what have you herd

Quoting Mommy2LnJ:

I have the paragard and have had it for over 3 years. I haven't had a single problem. I have heard a lot of bad things about Mirena. I would never get that, and once we decide the time is right to have another kid, I'll have it removed and then I will be getting paragard again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)