Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh's Brother Just Got Out Of Prison Today

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:39 PM
  • 12 Replies

A little background- "M" Was put in prison for lighting an apartment complex on fire.

He has gotten out a few times before. Each time he went back in for breaking perole. Drinking and driving, Not going to his meetings, just stupid shit. The last time he was out for like 6 days and went back in.

"M" wasn't there when DH and I got married, (he was in jail) and I don't even think he knows that we had our DS (he is 10 months)

Well, DH is thinking he wants to see him. My problem with this, is I know "M" does drugs and drinks and is not the most stable person. His wife (who he married over the phone in prison) pisses me off to no end. When my SIL passed away, this girl was at her memorial, and wouldn't stop touching my stomach. She kissed my cheak, and wouldn't keep her hands off my pregnant belly.

The last time he was out, him and FIL got in a fight (like fist fight) about him not helping pay for rent when he said he was going to. DH had to go in there and break them up.

I don't know about this. I don't know if I want him to see my son. Yes I understand that Gauge is his nephew, but this guy is seriously unstable, a drunk, a druggie, and I don't want my son around that. I know DH would kick "M's" ass if he did anything to the baby but still.

This is kind of a vent, kind of seeking advise post. Do I let Gauge meet his uncle? Or do I stay home and let DH go see his brother without me and the baby?

in loveMarried to Kenny since 2-26-09

Mother to Gauge born 12-1-09 baby boy

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:41 PM

What does your husband want to do? I think this is something you should decide together.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

Mommy2LnJ
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:43 PM

If it were me, I would probably let him meet him, but only because DH will be there with you. It's not like he will be babysitting DS by himself or left alone with him.

QueenFelicia

for the first visit - i would say your hubs should go see his bro w/o you and the baby.

ForeverMeme

I would stay home and let dh go see his brother by himself, and have him explain that 'brother' needs to prove himself. To me honesty would matter and you and dh have every right to feel that way. Life is about choices and I hope 'brother' makes good ones. 

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:48 PM

don't him meet your son or know where you live or have your phone number i wouldn't anyway.

Rhyne
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:48 PM
I don't see how it would hurt for him to meet your son, but make sure he understands he needs to be sober! After that, I would keep my distance. It shows you're at least trying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gaugesmomma1209
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:48 PM

BUMP!

IamATeenMom307
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:55 PM

I don't allow MY brother or sister around my kids because they aren't stable. Brother is in & out of jail (for child support) but he does drugs...my sis is bipolar and up until this past year she refused to take her meds. I don't think you are wrong. And they ONLY way *I* would allow it is if it was in a public place and BOTH DH & I were there

gaugesmomma1209
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:39 PM

BUMP!

sunshinepraying
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM

If it were me, I'd have my husband visit him without our son. Maybe if his brother starts getting better, then slowly over time, I may allow him to see our son. That's just me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)