Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

absolutely appalling!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:46 PM
  • 35 Replies
Idk if its just me, and my issue with germs...but I have to share this experiance from today!

While waiting in a wal-mart bathroom with two individuals that I work with (I work with the developmentally disabled) for open stalls. while waiting a mom, and her two kids washed their hands and the littlest girl dropped her pop on the floor. The mom said "uh-oh, all done. There are lots of germs on it now. It has to go in the trash." Well the little girl started to cry, so mom then says "ok, well ill rinse it off for you." I had all I could do not to say something and not gag. I mean, seriously?! Your in the bathroom! Where people poop n pee n step in nasty things in/out of the bathrooms!
Lemme know how you feel about the whole ordeal! Hopefully I'm not alone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LollipopDreams
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:47 PM
That just made me cringe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat

at least she washed it off. i have seen people at walmart and other places just pick up pacifiers and other things and shove them back into their kids mouths

mom2ljh

Several things wrong with the scenario:
1) Obviously, the germ covered pop that went into the child's mouth.  That's NASTY.
2)  The child learned a very BAD lesson today.  She learned that she can control situations by throwing a fit; NOT a good thing to teach a young child.  Mom needed to stand by her original plan of throwing it away.  

Jellyfish_fishJ
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:49 PM

To me a bathroom floor isn't any different than any other floor.  So yes, It's nasty but it's not nasty just b/c it's a bathroom.

grammarpolice
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Was it a can? Bottle? Cup? I could see maybe a hard, non-porous can, and wash it well. Nah - actually, even then, NO. Not in a public bathroom.

massteria
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Lol!  I have done that.  I have wiped things down with baby wipes, hand sanitizer, a little soap on a wet paper towel, etc..  Honestly, my kids have never gotten sick from that.   I guess I am just one of those grossly irresponsible parents huh?  Of course, if I had told them it was gone cause of too many germs, I would not give it to them just cause they threw a fit....but I am not a germaphobe (sp?) so it really doesn't bother me that much.

Ataemommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Bathrooms are less germ laden than the average door handle or desk.

Ataemommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Quoting Jellyfish_fishJ:

To me a bathroom floor isn't any different than any other floor.  So yes, It's nasty but it's not nasty just b/c it's a bathroom.

Bathrooms are often cleaner BECAUSE of the idea that everyone's doing their business in there, so more care is taken to disinfect.

AES514
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:57 PM
Eh. It'll toughen up the kid.
Germ-a-phobes are why so many kids are so sick with allergies, asthma, ect.
Let them ingest a little dirt!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky20102
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Well obviously it's accepted that the mother
(*and or father if around*) allows and encourages
this behavior, crying to get ones way...and  they will have to suffer the consequences for lack of parenting where it is obviously most needed... PLUS you're so right! EW the freaking WALMART Bathroom floor none the-less... Oh H HhHHhh Yuuuuck... throwing up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)