• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bedtime

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:48 PM
  • 3 Replies
So this for those who have step kids. If your step child/children stay the night at your house what time do they go to bed and do they take naps? Do you follow the bedtime they have when they are at home? The reason why im asking is that my step son takes a nap at noon everyday that he is at his house, yet he doesnt here because he doesnt want to, or because his mom and grandma doesnt want him to. Knowing his dad works at night and he needs his sleep. And his bed time is whenever he wants to go to sleep when he is at his home. They let him go to bed whenevr he wants too, really he is 4 years old and they have been letting him stay up late for about a year. The other day he was here for 14 hours and didnt take a nap, which was fine since his dad was off that night. But at 10 o clock i was trying to get my 1 year old to go to sleep which was hard cause her brother was here and running around and making alot of noise. Finally at 11 i went to told him he really needed to settle down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cantbetamed
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:50 PM

They go to bed when our other children go to bed. At their house they can "stay up til they pass out" as they say. Not here.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:10 PM

When they are at your house they should follow your rules and go down when the others do. (Unless there is a huge age difference, like toddlers and teens. Then you make the rules then also)

Ktina11
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:14 PM
Sd(6) goes to bed and naps during visits when my kids (3,2,and 8 months) do. Her bedtime at home is earlier because of school but on the weekends when she is with us, they all go to bed at the same time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)