Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DSHS NIGHTMARE SPIN OFF

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:49 PM
  • 9 Replies

So i was reading this post and it got me thinking. We have lived in our house for 2 years now and i just recently went to my neighbors house. They came over her and our kids have played together and what not. Well i was in a bind and needed a dog sitter and since they had 3 dogs and had told me if i ever needed someone to watch her then they would do it (shes a dachshund). Any way the morning i went to drop of our dog i walked up there drive way and there is just trash everywhere. i knocked on there door and when he opened the door the smell was horrible. I didnt go inside but i saw the house was just gross. Any way i pick the dog up 2 days later and she was INFESTED with fleas. It was a nightmare getting rid of them. I couldnt let her in the house or anything b/c i dont want the in my house. My concern in she has 3 kids 2 go to their dads ever weekend but they have a dog that sleeps in the bed with the kids (she told me). These kids live in filth. Can i call CPS anonymously? Also would you call?

arguingWife to Aaron

Mommy to Audrey Kate 5/23/06toddler girl and Greyson Cole 8/18/09baby boy

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Audreys_Mommmy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:57 PM

BUMP!

pasteeater
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:58 PM

You can call anonymously but I don't know what good it will do.  Are you upset the kid sleeps with dog?  Lots of kids sleep with dogs.  I think I'd have to see what you see to know if I'd call or not.

StephanAndCoral
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:58 PM

BUMP!

poshkat
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:03 PM

if the house smelled when you opened the door there might be dog poop everywhere too. i wouldn't per say call just for fleas but if you are worried about the health of the children because of the smell than that might warrant an anonymous call

Audreys_Mommmy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:10 PM

No im not upset the kids sleep with the dog, my dog sleep with my. Im upset becasue the dog is infested with fleas.

Quoting pasteeater:

You can call anonymously but I don't know what good it will do.  Are you upset the kid sleeps with dog?  Lots of kids sleep with dogs.  I think I'd have to see what you see to know if I'd call or not.

arguingWife to Aaron

pasteeater
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:18 PM

I understand that.  My son lived with his dad for a while but was at my house a lot too.  He always had fleas.  I KNOW they didn't come from my house because I had no pets.  They had like four dogs and about 20 cats.  I did call CPS for that and other really valid reasons [not saying yours aren't AT ALL] and they did NOTHING.

Quoting Audreys_Mommmy:

No im not upset the kids sleep with the dog, my dog sleep with my. Im upset becasue the dog is infested with fleas.

Quoting pasteeater:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sirenabella
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Did you at least try to talk to them first? It could be that they have a flea problem and are trying to get rid of it. Making matters worse by calling CPS on them would be wrong.

Audreys_Mommmy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:57 PM

I told them that when i pick up my dog she was infested with fleas and she didnt have any before i dropped her off.

Quoting Sirenabella:

Did you at least try to talk to them first? It could be that they have a flea problem and are trying to get rid of it. Making matters worse by calling CPS on them would be wrong.

arguingWife to Aaron

woodit2u
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:00 PM

I wouldn't call just for the dog being infested with fleas. However, I have called because a child was covered in flea bites. (I'm a mandated reporter... it was required for my job)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)