Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being backed in to a corner.......

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:14 PM
  • 1 Replies

The other day I went to my MIL's house to celebrate her youngest son's b day. Well everything was fine for the first couple hours. Then when we were all sitting in the game room together everyone started telling me that I should come over more often. Before that they were asking why I do not come over. What they do not understand is I have no car and they do. I have no problem visiting but no one ever asks me to come over until I'm over there. But I have an apartment which I have onlu had since May of this year and they have only come over once. What I do not get is why they cannot come visit when I ask them but I get backed in to the corner by all of them. To make things even better my SO agrees that I should go to there house more often.

I do have transportation on certain days and that is when I go visit my parents on the other side of the city. My Dad has no problem with taking me over there but every time he does somebody asks him for something. My Dad is not super selfish but he does not like being used (at least that is how he sees it). The other reason I do not visit them is that I do not get a break from taking care of my son. This may seem lame but I do everything all day long for my son. I just think that even it is only for a few hours I do deserve to have time to myself not alone but away from my son.

Please give me some feedback...I am not looking for a fight or anything...thanx for reading this

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:29 PM

If they know you have transportation problems then they shouldn't mention it unless they are willing to go get you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)