Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's not illegal so mind your own business

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:34 PM
  • 12 Replies

Why is is "my child my choice" when it comes to spanking. I can spank my kids if I want to because it's not illegal.

But abortion, the whole "my body my choice" thing doesn't fly. I can get an abortion because it's not illegal.

Don't we all have a different idea of wrong and right in some cases? Why is it that people can't have compassion for each other in different situations?

I was just in a post where people were saying only selfish women get abortions? Really? Why is it okay to say such a horrible thing?  We may not agree with one another but can we have a little compassion for fellow women going through a tough time even if we don't agree with them?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hinojoza0507
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:36 PM
I get your point in the beginning. Its not ok to spank but its ok to take out your unborn child...mmm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monica208
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:37 PM

i think some people are self absorbed and think that their thinking is the only right way... i dont agree with alot of things people do but its not my place to step in..  just as people might not agree with things that i do...  people will always talk and judge.. i think its just part of human nature

imthatgirl728
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:37 PM

It is your body your choice. Unless some major legislation has passed. There will always be someone there to judge the things you do. Whether they were right or wrong.

graciebsgranny
by Angie on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Because sad to say, but this is Cafemom, and they're are alot of judgementalj bitches on here who think they know everything about everybody, and your not in the right "clique" and kiss whoecver's ass, then every decision you make and every post you make will get shot down by the "in crowd"!!

SGJsmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Some people are so passionate about a topic that they just can't see past their own opinions and when they have nothing else of value to say they resort to name calling.

furbabymum
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:38 PM

This is cafemom. The world of mean women. You might be expecting too much.

ready_for2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:39 PM

the legality of issues has nothign to do with if they are 'wrong' or 'right'

there are things that are wrong but are legal, and things that are NOT wrong but are illegal.... it really depends on one's morals of right and wrong

it seems wrong to hit others, especially children. and wrong to kill others, especially babies. but different people have different definition of 'hitting' and 'baby'

mitch576
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:40 PM

there are several posts i'm avoiding right now because ... i could care less. i don't have an opinion on what someone else does. if it doesn't affect me directly.. i don't care.  of course there are a few i'm avoiding just out of principal alone.. like they are friggin fruit cakes and not worth the effort.  but ultimately...   i just don't care, if it's not happening in my house or to my family i don't concern myself with it.

admin for autism, asperger's, pdd awareness
OWNER OF "THE ORIGINAL 30 AND BEYOND GROUP"   ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS
come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

kristina90
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Heres my thought...if a woman does not want a child that she is carrying there are plenty of other moms out there who would love another child but cant conceive. The whole mind frame of it takes a village to raise a child holds true to me. I love being a mom but maybe some pregnant women are not too sure about becoming one. just my 2 cents on the matter

CjEmmemommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM

There would be no cafemom if everyone agreed or atleast knew how to be an adult:-)

There are just as many women who would say its abuse to spank as there are that would say its selfish to abort.. At the end of the day you have the right to do what you feel is best...

Don't let this website get to you.. Some people really are crazy!!

Erica

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)