• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For moms with more that one child.

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:50 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm due with my third dd in November. I feel so weird this pregnancy. I don't really feel pregnant. I mean, I feel the baby moving, and I have killer heart burn and I can't sleep, but I feel like I might just wake up and find out that I made the whole thing up. I don't feel as big as I did with my other dd's when I was 8 months, I don't feel uncomfortable, and I don't really feel the connection with this baby yet. I don't know if it's cause I'm so busy with my other two, and I can't remember how I felt before Claire was born cause she's obviously very real to me now. I just remember how I couldn't wait to have Ivy out and this time I'm sort of freaking out about her coming cause I just don't feel ready... I'm sorry if this ran on. I'm just trying to work some stuff out in my head I guess.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MsDean
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Every pregnacy is different. What you are feeling is totally normal! With my third and last pregnancy I did not feel quite as connected either and I am certain it was also because I was busy wiht 2 kids aside form being pregnant.

Leener3
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:04 PM

When you had your first, everything was new and exciting and you looked forward to every new change.  With your second you looked forward to explaining everything to your older child and making sure she was a part of everything so she didn't feel left out.  With the 3rd, you're just tired! You know the drill by now, you know your older child didn't fall apart emotionally thinking she was being replaced, and you've got 2 littles ones to care for, so you move on with your life You'll love this child just as much as the other two and so will her sisters.

OR...you are in complete denial about what your life will be like with three!  lol

TygerLily62
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Lol, that could be it!!

Quoting Leener3:

When you had your first, everything was new and exciting and you looked forward to every new change.  With your second you looked forward to explaining everything to your older child and making sure she was a part of everything so she didn't feel left out.  With the 3rd, you're just tired! You know the drill by now, you know your older child didn't fall apart emotionally thinking she was being replaced, and you've got 2 littles ones to care for, so you move on with your life You'll love this child just as much as the other two and so will her sisters.

OR...you are in complete denial about what your life will be like with three!  lol

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:33 PM

You are used to be pregnant Mama! lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)