• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you think?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:52 PM
  • 11 Replies

Shortly after moving into our place we started getting mail for my husbands sister .(shes 17)

First piece of mail was a magazine subscription bill.No clue how we get the bill if she gets the magazine..

I messaged her,I was under the impression she would take care of it.

We received one other bill from the magazine subscription and pitched it,Im not delivering it to her anymore!

We have also gotten something from a college in a white envelope (not just a flyer),as well as some random thing I dont know-my husband said it was a Japanese cartoon magazine..idk!

Besides this we have also gotten debt collectors calling for my fil.

Here is the kicker,we live about 45 mins away from them! So its not easy to confuse 2 addresses when we live in totally different towns.

I decided today Im going to start marking-does not reside here on the mail and putting it back in the box.But how can these co-incidences happen? We have a super common last name yet the only mail that doesn't belong to this house is actually related....

Input?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krista778
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Sounds like they are using your address. I would just mark it like you are and toss the magazines. As for the collection calls the collection agencies look for closest kin and hope that you will give the message to the person, just tell them not to call anymore and they have to stop

Chrystal_A
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:36 PM
the collection agency, i gave them his number lol.

its wierd she would use our adress she claims she doesnt even have it,lol. but yeah its possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chrystal_A
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:36 PM
bump

just looking to see if anyone thinks it could be a mistake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Sounds like they are using your address. Probably to do stuff online. An address is needed to get something else. (just a guess) But I think your idea of returning it may work!

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:37 PM

They used your address.  Good idea to mark the mail and give out their phone numbers.  They had no right to do that to you.

scootermom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Quoting krista778:

Sounds like they are using your address. I would just mark it like you are and toss the magazines. As for the collection calls the collection agencies look for closest kin and hope that you will give the message to the person, just tell them not to call anymore and they have to stop

Agreed.  I don't think it was a mistake or a fluke, one piece of mail once or twice yeah i can chalk that up to a innocent mistake, but not getting them over and over and over again.

ErikaM27
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:40 PM

They're probably using your address.

nemiller
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:40 PM

sounds like they're using your address for certain things and giving out your phone number.  i'd tell them to put a stop to that shit real quick.  if i had to change my number and not give it to them, so be it.

nemiller
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:42 PM

yeah, that would probably be a better first step than changing your number, lol.  tell them, "oh, no, they don't live here.  but you can reach them at their residence.  the number is... and please don't call here again."

Quoting coolmommy2x:

They used your address.  Good idea to mark the mail and give out their phone numbers.  They had no right to do that to you.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
ChellaWella
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM

they putting ur home address as there's its not some error what u do is give the magazine and the bill collectors there information.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)