Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 3 1/2 Year old daughter WILL NOT use the potty!!! Please, help!!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

My daughter will be 4 in March and she will not use the potty at home. She usually does better at daycare for her babysitter...but as soon as we get home, she pees/poops in her pants.

I have literally tried everything. I have rewarded her, punished her, told her she wouldn't be able to go to school, let her clean her own poop butt in the bath, thrown her big girl panties away, gone to pull ups, put her back in diapers, etc!!! I am at my wits end!!!!

She tells me the poop doesnt bother her and she likes poop. I tell her other kids dont poop, and she agrees with me. And, she says she just wants to poop her pants.

Any advise is appreciated!! Thanks!!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LaneysMommy329
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:55 PM

I believe we have been trying this now...for over a year!!

sleepyone00
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Mine was like that.  I just kept her in panties and cleaned her up.  she got over it though.

sparkina13
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:57 PM

BUMP!

terrabiglieri
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:00 PM

I had a stubborn one and something just clicked for her one day....so keep being consistant. There must be a reason she does better with her daycare person. Your doing something different.

tiffannij
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:05 PM
My daughter took forever too until the middle of 4 yrs old. I made her sit on the toilet for an hour until she went ever time she went on herself. Now the only problem i have with her is telling me at the very last minute and she can barely hold it anymore so we have to run to the nearest bathroom. She's 6 now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:09 PM

My daughter is 4 (june 30th was her bday). She was the same way! I just got her potty trained 2 weeks ago! She would go when she felt like it which wasn't very often and that was it, if she didn't want to she wouldn't! Then all of a sudden she wanted this mermaid tale barbie doll in the store one day..I told her no, but if she started using the potty all the time and wearing underwear that I would get it for her. She did for like a week and I got it for her, then she stopped. Then she wanted a mermaid tale friends barbie and I told her the same thing. She was soo mad! It took a few times of seeing it at the store but not being able to have it and having a fit..before she realized I meant it this time. She has gone two weeks in underwear now with one accident. I don't even have to tell her to go potty anymore.

Demonbaby
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I can feel your pain and frustration, it took me forever to get my son potty trained.  Right now though he still poops in his pants and I have no idea what to do.  He doesn't have a consistent poop time either so I've taken suggestions from other people and I have no results.  I'm hoping that soon he will be able to tell me he has to go but for now we just have to be patient.  However get rid of the diapers/pull ups because it just makes the process start all over.

mamadee1971
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:17 PM

My daughter was a little over 3yrs old, when I've just put her potty right by the master bathroom door and one day she just pulled off her pull-ups, sat on the potty and wanted to wear her big-girl panties.  There were a couple of times were she would pee in the bed, but I've told her to go "poo-poo pee-pee" in the potty nd she eventually got the hang of it. Her reward is that we both clap and say "Yay!" and I tell her that I'm proud of her for becoming a big girl. Basically, I've stop forcing her, because that's going to make her revolt and refuse to go on her own.  Now I'm working on my son.  He wants to learn but he cannot sit still long enough, plus his dad said he was going to show him how to pee standing up.

Being patience is the key, I know it's not easy, believe me I had to teach myself patience, but in due time she'll get the urge to go in the potty.  Definitely, don't punish her all she's going to do is feel like she doing it all wrong and will go on herself or refuse to come out of the pull-ups.  Also, you can ask her childcare provider what did she do that had her going in their potty w/o refusal and try it that way. 

alouya21
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM

my daughter will be 3 on december 10th and refuse to use the potty. she is afraid of it. how can i potty train her?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)