Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a cold hearted .... meanie

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:06 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am sick of watching kids run around my apartment complex like they run the place. Seriously between age 2-10. They are everywhere and NEVER have I seen a parent yet watching these kids. From 2 year olds in the parking lot running in front of cars and laughing to the older kids ganging up on the smaller kids at the playground. They refused to let my 2 year old play when I walked him down there and laughed when I said I would contact their parents or place a report in the office.

So today a big group of about 7 year olds were knocking on my door. They were selling those fundraiser things. The expensive ones with nothing but crap for prices and helps the school hardly any. Anyways of course there were no parents with them and they were rude and snotty when I told them no thanks. So then I proceeded to inform them that this complex has a strict so solisitating rule and they could get in bug trouble if they continued to go door to door through the complex. ( We have had lots and lots of scams through here so it really is a big deal) Of course that got rolled eyes and a mumble but I felt a little better after the soap box lol.

My sister says I was too mean and going to have an angry mama at my door I told her I hope so, that way I can inform her that she should be watching her kids better and not allowing them to wonder the complex all alone asking strangers for money!!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
HippieMom78
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Guess I'm a meanie too!!! Now just sit back & wait till some lazy ass mom comes to your door and bitches!!! Let her have it mama!!!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Have you talked to management. Sometimes they try to put kids together in the same area. Maybe you can move to another part of the complex.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I don't think you were mean but I think your speech was probably wasted.  Not sure many 7 year olds would understand a no-soliciting policy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)