Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've decided to do it! Now I need words of wisdom from those who have done it and encouragement!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:16 PM
  • 96 Replies
I've set my mind to it. Tonight before I head to bed, I'm handing over my pack of cigarettes to DH and never looking back. DH quit smoking almost a year ago and has been after me to do the same. He doesn't know my plan yet, I'm afraid of telling him because once I do there's no turning back. Please mamma's leave me some words of encouragement so I don't chicken out and so I have something to look at tomorrow when I'm dying for a smoke. I want to do this! I will do this! I need to do this!!
But in all honesty, I'm terrified! What do I do to distract myself? How do you handle cravings? Am I really strong enough to do this??? Anyone want to join me? We can be our own support system, lol. God I hope I can do this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lisairv
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:18 PM

I QUIT JAN. 4, 2010 AND HAVE NOT WENT BACK. I FEEL SOOOO MUCH BETTER. I WILL BE YOUR BUDDY, IF YOU NEED. IT IS HARD, BUT YOU CAN DO IT.

OneandonlyME
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:20 PM

You can do it mama!! Stay focused and take it one day (or five minutes) at a time.

bupkie

bump

Crazy4U

You can do this.You are ready!

MrDsMamma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:21 PM

You can do it!!! One time I did it just by getting hooked on Green Tea instead lol, don't ask me how that came about but I would just drink Green Tea all day long!

Princess7777
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:21 PM

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!  This is a good thing.  You will be healthier and live longer for doing it.  You can do this.

Robbin74
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:23 PM
i quit 5 months ago. pm me if you need someone to talk to...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmami10
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:24 PM

YOU CAN DO IT!!

Colleen86
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:24 PM
DON'T DO IT!!!
YOU'RE ONE OF US!!!
IF YOU DO THIS, WE'LL HAVE TO KILL YOU!!
LOL
Joke! Good for you! I wish I was brave like you!
I did slow down from have 10 smokes a day to like 3 or 4 on a bad day.
GOOD LUCK! Keep us posted! Xoxo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:25 PM

You go girl!  Hopefully this post will stay crap free and you can refer to it over and over again for encouragement and mood boosters.

I smoke and have tried to quit countless times.  One day a time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)