Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flower Girl Dress - what to do with it after the wedding

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:25 PM
  • 19 Replies

my DD was in a wedding this weekend.  now i have a dress that she wont wear again.

i don't think i can re-sell it because it has a slight marking on the front, but i would feel bad donating it because of the marking.

see marking:

what would you do with it?  if i tried to sell it, would it be sellable, or is it completely tacky to donate or give it away knowing it has that marking down the front (i dont even know how she got it)?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dusky_rose
by Sue on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Why don't you have it cleaned to see if the marking will come out before you decide what to do with it?

Click above to join Motivate to Get in Shape!

.kk.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:28 PM

I still have my daughters, the wedding was two years ago. LOL

I asked CM how much they thought I would get for it. Most people said upwards of $50. I tried to sell it to a second hand shop. For the dress, the matching shoes, hairband and matching satin basket, they wanted to give me $5.

I kept it instead and thought I would sell it on ebay or craigslist, but I've been too lazy and too busy with other things.

Are you sure you can't get the marking out?

I would still try to sell it- at a reduced rate. $25?

I'm sure someone would buy it, at least from a second hand shop. I can't even see the marking on it.

CallieLynsMommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Try and get the mark out and put it on EBay!

Navymommy18
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:30 PM

cleaners and ebay.

MommyOnLI
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:31 PM

i did try to clean it and the marking is still there.. i brought it to my dry cleaner (one day service) and the stain is still there.. i also washed it (it is hand washable)  still there...

would it be tacky though to give it to someone knowing there is the stain?

megan479

use two sponges nad some oxy clean wtaer, it shuld take the mark right out, ad then ou can sell it or donate it

bupkie

That would make a very cute communion dress.... or could even be altered a bit... 

Or  I bet some girl would LOVE IT for a HALLOWEEN costume!!!  

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:32 PM

DD is a flower girl this weekend in her sister's wedding.  But her dress isn't a mini-bride one.  It's sleevless with big polka dots.  She can ride her bike in it for all I care, LOL.

I'm not sure what you would do with this except sell it at a heavy discount as a flower girl dress.

.kk.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:32 PM

As long as you give them full disclosure, not tacky.

Quoting MommyOnLI:

i did try to clean it and the marking is still there.. i brought it to my dry cleaner (one day service) and the stain is still there.. i also washed it (it is hand washable)  still there...

would it be tacky though to give it to someone knowing there is the stain?

bupkie
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Have you tried using.... a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the stain?   Sounds strange, i know, but it may lift it right off.... (I've even used it on sticky something stuck on the carpet... don't know what it was, but got it out!)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)