Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone have a good chicken strip recipe?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:35 PM
  • 8 Replies

we used to just buy the frozen ones at the store, but im trying to do more home-made recipes and tonight my husband ir wanting Chicken Strips, i have looked at several online but none really sound too good. Has anyone here tried making them whats your fav recipe? im wanting to suprise him when he gets home with some homemade ones! thanks girls looking forward to seeing your recipes!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jenniy
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I make some that everyone seems to like.   I use about 4lbs of boneless skinless breasts that I slice up, or 4lbs of the tenderloins, soak them in milk and egg, and then  roll them in Extra Crispy Oven Fry.  Shake and Bake works too but the Oven Fry is better.  Then if I have the time I fry them on the stove, if I have to make them quick I use the oven.

Rhyne
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:40 PM
I cleanthem off, dip them in egg, milk, and Tony's, them roll them in crunched up corn flakes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyvamp5489
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Flour, then egg then shake n bake!  YUMMY!

roxymama2three
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:42 PM

I have one but they are very spicy, and i dont have the recipe right now.

DTA115
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:44 PM

I second the Oven Fry. It's just like shake n bake, but it's made by Kraft. It's right next to the shake n bake at the store.

I also use the Bisquick recipe for chicken fingers. It's on the box of Bisquick.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Use coconut milk for dipping, then breadcrumbs.   Season the chicken with curry poweder, dredge in flour, then coconut milk, then seasoned bread crumbs.  Shallow pan fry in corn oil over med high heat until browned and finish them in the oven about 375.

Or you can season it with garlic & onion powder and dredge in flour, dip it in cold evaporated milk then seasoned bread crumbs.

Or instead of these seasonings, use ground cumin, coriander, garlic  & chipotle.

MissingMyLove
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:47 PM
Dip them in egg, ten in seasoned flour ( I season it with lots of garlic powder, season salt,pepper and italian seasoning) then dip back into egg, then dip again into pre- seasoned bread crumbs. Then fry on the stove. So yummy! The second dip makes them extra crispy. Man u made me wanna make some!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Manda369
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 4:57 AM

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, Panko crumbs, one or two eggs well beaten, spices- salt, pepper, curry.

Cut the chicken into strips.  Beat the eggs while your oil is heating.

Mix the panko crumbs with the spices (I never measure sorry) 

Dip the chicken into the eggs then coat with the panko spice mixture and fry.  (or bake if you want healthier option)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)