Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just want to be a Mrs. Is that too much to ask?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:44 PM
  • 15 Replies
I love my man a lot and we will make 14 yrs in 2 weeks and have a 5.10 yrs old girl. We have been living together for 10 yrs now and I'm just like why haven't you propose yet? We talked about marriage and he's scared an all but I'm like let's be scared together. We both know we don't want anybody else so I'm puzzled. I hate when he introduces me to his friends as his wifey and I say no I am his girlfriend. They say the same thing. I tell then no a wife has a ring on her finger they look at me like I'm stupid cause they have been shacking up with their girlfriend for years too. Anyway I am alittle envious when I see a woman how is married and I think too myself wow someone must really love her inorder to marry her. I know I shouldn't feel that way but I do. Also I hate to watch bridezillas cause I feel like my wedding is never gonna come. I just ask is it too much to want to be a wife or should I be satisfied that I have a good man in my life?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FooLynRoo
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:45 PM

If he's not giving you what you want (marriage) he isn't such a good guy.

If you are marriage minded and he is not - you need to either accept that or change it.

ariesp19
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Quoting FooLynRoo:

If you are marriage minded and he is not - you need to either accept that or change it.

SARA

CafeMom Tickers

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Maybe you should make a decision and move forward. Either he wants to be married or not. Don't waste your life waiting for him.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:57 PM

If you've been together so long, what is he afraid of?  That being married would make it harder to split up?  I'm not being facetious, I'm serious.  If after this long he's not sure, like the pp said, accept it or change it.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

If he's not giving you what you want (marriage) he isn't such a good guy.

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Quoting ariesp19:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiegirl
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:11 PM
Coming from a single woman, yes you should be grateful you have a man in your life. But I understand, seeing wedding things and they get you down. Someday I keep telling myself, can't understand why that day doesn't come sooner but someday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheFoo
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:13 PM

If he loves you and youve been together 14 years he should marry you. If he has no intent to marry then I would leave. Sorry thats just my opinion.

nemiller
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:14 PM

you have two options: accept things as-is or pose an ultimatum.  however, do not give him an ultimatum to marry you or leave if you aren't actually going to leave should he refuse to marry you.

may i ask what he claims he's afraid of?  you've been together longer than most married couples i know and you have two kids.  what would really change should you get married, besides the legal securities and making you happy?

lyranightshade
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Before I met DH, I had a one and one half year dead line. If in a year and a half we decided we shouldn't get married, it obviously wouldn't go anywhere and it was ended. I am super goal oriented, though, lol. Everyone's said it. At this point in your life, you either have to accept it or propose yourself. It might not be the proposal you want, but it might be better than waiting the rest of your life for him to make a move that never comes.

Steel.Magnolia
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Well it looks like you have 2 choices 1. Get over it and get used to being a life long girlfriend or 2. Leave and find a man that will make an "honest" woman out of you. That's no disrespect but I am sure you've heard and understand the term. I can tell ya I if he didn't marry me that 14 years would never see 15.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)