Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think abortion is ok when....

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:45 PM
  • 88 Replies

The guy who got you pregnant is extremely abusive? What if you had taken precuations not to have a baby with the man but he hid your birth control and you had no other way to get more.... do you think its wrong?

Just a general ? I'm asking. Sorry if it has been discussed before.

***EDIT*** I think some of you got it, but some haven't. THIS WAS NOT ME. This was a dear friend of mine.... She did leave the abuser but it took some time, at the time she was too afraid too. This hits kinda close to home because I was also in a extremely abusive relationship and he caused me to miscarry twice.... So I can kind of understand what she did but then again I don't.... you know

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Boricua
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:46 PM

I think its wrong. Not the babys fault.

.kk.
I have a hard time saying abortion is 'okay'. Being pro choice does not mean that you want people to go out and get abortions. I refuse to give anyone my approval for their abortion. They don't need my approval. I believe the government should not have the right to intervene in our medical decisions- that should be between ourselves, the people in our lives and our medical professionals.
activitymode

the baby could always make a wonderful home to a couple who really wanted one :)

FooLynRoo
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Abortion is never okay for me. If you want one its your own decision if its okay or not.

annies75
I understand that but if the guy is physically abusive and prob wouldn't have stopped just because he knocked you up. Wouldn't u feel like you were doing the right thing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YeahSoWhat
i don't think its wrong. If the woman didn't want the baby in the first place then why force her to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megarooniduh

I would have the baby (because personally I'm pro life) and get the HELL out of that relationship.

Bknotnobody

If the guy is that abusive.... then no... who would want to live their life in fear... for 9 months, I mean hell he could kill her, or the unborn child... if he beats the crap out of her.

momto2boys973
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Yeah, I think it's wrong, except when the mother's life is in danger.

Sharon

annies75
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:48 PM
Just for the record. I have never had an abortion. But was just thinking about this. What if adoption wasn't the answer because the man wouldn't allow it or give up rights?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)