Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Transporting a deceased body

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:53 PM
  • 29 Replies

I did not know this was legal..at least in Arkansas. My friend whos 13 month old grandson passed away this past weekend in a hospital about two hours away from home. The corner signed off and let them have the baby back and bring him home to the funeral home.

Sorry for there being two post on this..my internet is acting up. It went and when i went to post this and did not show as posted so I did it over and now there are two post. sorrry for the confusion.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:55 PM

EWWWWWWWWWWW someone told me once that their daughter took her dead baby from colorado to arizona!

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Yeah..I knew that was legal. It's part of what u learn when u train to be a CNA.

Hopefully I never have to deal with dead bodies..

TygerLily62
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Well I don't know about it being legal, but that's awful. Prayers to them.

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:57 PM

i dont know how they deal with that. i would probably cry the whole way home.

LCG83
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:57 PM
:( :( :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCG83
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:57 PM
:( :( :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crysjuls
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:58 PM
Didn't know they could do that.
When my cousin's cousin passed away in mexico, they were given the body. It was in the same airplane they were in. I just think its weird and it would have freaked me out if I knew a dead body was in the same airplane I was in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife2009101

I think its legal in alot of states. My uncle was killed in GA and they released his body to be transported to NC for a burial.

Owiesmommy

I think I would be more saddened than disgusted if something horrible happened to my child. 

Quoting laranadtony:

EWWWWWWWWWWW someone told me once that their daughter took her dead baby from colorado to arizona!

MaMa2Azriel
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:59 PM

You know some politician refused to sit in the back of a transport plane out of Iraq w/the dead bodies?  I don't remember who it was or the situation, but it was bad juju for her (I want to say it was a woman) when it got out. 

Quoting crysjuls:

Didn't know they could do that.
When my cousin's cousin passed away in mexico, they were given the body. It was in the same airplane they were in. I just think its weird and it would have freaked me out if I knew a dead body was in the same airplane I was in.

-Ashley, Conservative RepublicanSouthern Baptist in doubt of my faithPro-Life, raised in the SOUTH, can be stuck in my ways close-mindedWife of 5 years to PedroMother to Azriel <survivor of GastroschisisShort Bowel Syndrome, & a Small Bowel+Liver+Pancreas Transplant & US Army Soldier 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)