Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

computer savvy people, HELP!!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:06 PM
  • 3 Replies

the past couple of days, i've been having nothing but problems with my hp laptop. yesterday, it didn't want to start up. i finally got it to. then today, i was on here reading posts and out of nowhere i got the blue screen of death. when i got it back up, it's like my computer is running on windows xp instead of vista. the taskbar looks like it does on xp, not like it does on vista. i've tried everything i could think of...running updates, virus scans, etc.

my computer is only 1.5yrs old, and of course not under warranty anymore. i CAN NOT afford to get a new computer right now. dh just deployed a month ago and we haven't saved up enough money to just blow on a computer...mine is running for now, obviously, but i'm so afraid that it's on it's way to the grave after today.

anyone know what could possibly be going on?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I had issues like that with my Toshiba laptop. The processor ran too hot and shut it down a lot. I got the blue screen once, and sent it in to the company.

lovejoy22
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Have you tried a system restore?  I would try that because you can set it back to an earlier time when it was working properly.  Also, if that does not work you can reinstall the vista disk.  And if that is not it I would check to see if there is something wrong with the hard drive. I do not know if you have a best buy in your area but they checked my laptop hard drive for free.

Manda369
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 4:20 AM

I suggest the restore.  Also, do you have an internal fan or an external fan pad for your laptop?  I know when laptops overheat they can do all sorts of crazy things!

Do you have backup disks?  If so, you should probably save all your pictures and documents to an external hard drive and then completely restore the computer's operating system using the back up disks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)