• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She totally favors me now

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:59 PM
  • 4 Replies

In March I lost my job and have been a stay at home mom since. My daughter has never really clinged to just me before this happened. She is 3. It breaks my heart because my fiancee who is at work at day and wants Jaydn to run up to him and be so excited to see him, and she doesn't. I mean they play but if she gets hurt its always me that she wants and she always wants me to play with her before she will ask her Daddy. I thought it was usually the other way around that the kid wanted to see the parent that was not around more.

Also when its just me and her home and something reminds her of her dad or she sees his picture she always says "I want my daddy" I know she loves him as much as me and everything but I just feel bad for him. Also it would be nice to have a little break from hearing Momma all day. Is there anything I can do to make her want to be with daddy more?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jekasica
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:05 PM

BUMP!

ff-princess
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:06 PM

good gravy, if you figure it out let me know.  I have the same issue - I got laid off just over a year ago right after the baby was born, and you'd think I was breastfeeding the way that girl has to be attached to me.  and now my older dd is getting to be the same way.  she used to be such a daddy's girl, but now when she's sick or hurt she wants me and I know it hurts his feelings.

the only thing I can suggest is removing yourself from site for while.  when daddy gets home, go into the kitchen to get dinner finished or head to the bedroom for a brief rest so she's forced to be with daddy alone.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:57 PM

hugs

TheTaoOfKim
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:01 PM

I am a SAHM and it is a challeneg for me to me in the room and not have DD cling to me. I encourage my DH to engage her and play with her as soon as we finish dinner. DD is 10 months old. My DH usually lets her wander over to me and calls her like a dog, lol. He is still learning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)