• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I SPANKED MY DD TONIGHT ON IMPULSE....

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:09 PM
  • 71 Replies

.....and I don't care if anyone saw it.  She'll be three in October.  When we got out of the car this evening she darted like a bat out of hell toward a road that people barrel down.  She is fast and I mean fast!  I yelled for her to stop, "Sophie, STOP" over and over and she did, but just before running out in front of a car.  It scared the living shit out of me and I whooped on her bottom.  We "talked" about it afterward, but I don't think she gets it.  I'll do it again if it happens, and I think that I should.

With light and love

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywifenmom09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:09 PM
Go mama!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:10 PM

soooo glad she's okay!

futureshock
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:11 PM

How did she get away from you?

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:11 PM

I would have done the same.

nemiller
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:12 PM

i "mushed" my son on accident yesterday.  he went to hit me in the face, and i reacted like any normal person by throwing my hand up to defend my nose (he came up on my side too, so i only saw it in my peripheral vision)... except he was so close that he got facepalmed.  i felt really bad, but dude... i've told that kid that hitting isn't nice and eventually he'll get hurt.  this is one of those things that i was talking about.

youngmamma11
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:12 PM
Totally have done the same thing for the same reason. My daughter hates for me to be upset so i told her she could get hurt very badly and it would make me sad. It seemed to help and she at least apologized..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nikki9484
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I would have done the same thing!!!

dirtyswifey10
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:13 PM

You did right I hate when people see you whoop your child and act as if they disapprove. i would have done the exact same thing and felt the exact same way.

JZB
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Drastic actions require drastic measures

armywifenmom09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:15 PM
Its not that hard. My 2yo has gotten loose. I let go just long enough to grab her brother.... split second. I now take someone to the store with me and just put the kids in the stroller.

Quoting futureshock:

How did she get away from you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)