Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone with tips on how to make this roast tomorrow?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:18 PM
  • 14 Replies

So I got a rump roast. It is pretty thick. Somebody suggested cutting it in half so it would cook faster. I want to make it in the oven, I prefer in cooked in the oven than in a pot. I plan on just putting water, onion soup mix, and potatoes and carrots in it and putting the lid on. Should I spoon some water over the roast every once in a while or will the cover being on keep it moist? What temp. should I cook it on and how long should I cook it for?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I wouldn't cut it in half, just be sure to look up how many minutes per pound you should cook the type of meat it is.

Instead of water use stock or broth, and baste often.

Zoeysmommy1023
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:40 PM

BUMP!

srose73
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I put my roasts, turkeys, and anything else I want tender and cooked inside those oven bags. They work SO good and the clean up is so simple. Youll love them!!

BTW, I take pics of the food cause it looks (and tastes) so good. I'll add one after I get it off my phone : )

This is my pot roast. I put in all the veggies in the beginning and didnt have to do a thing and it still turned out perfect. even my picky daughter ate it!

This was one of my turkeys I made. I put wild rice inside The meat was so tender, you can see it fell off the bone.

Im telling you, this is the best way to hook your meat up. I should really be a promoter for those bags, lol!

Meli55aG2001
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:53 PM

I like to do my roasts in my crock pot but as someone else suggested, an oven bag sounds like a good idea. 

haydsmom2007
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I just bought a bag of pot roast seasoning and I cooked it with a cup of red wine. I did it in a crock pot though, I Think that's much better.

armywife2009101
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:55 PM

How many pounds is it?

MissingMyLove
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:01 PM
I put a can oer two of cream of mushroom soup in mine it makes it sooo good. If you stay at home all day put it on as soon as you wake up and cook it until your bout to eat it cook on 250. Put the veggies in about 2 or 3 hours before you are going to serve it. The lid being on it should keep it moist
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Do you have a slow cooker?  I pat the roast with dry beefy onion lipton soup mix.  Then put the veggies in the bottom of the slow cooker.  Add enough beef stock to cover the veggies.  Put the meat on top.  Then dollop spoonfuls of golden mushroom soup on top of everything.  The golden mushroom soup makes it moist and tender.  Then let it cook for 8 hours on low.  The meat will fall apart with a fork  :)  I had it Monday night!  I put it on before leaving for work and when I got home my apartment was smelling lovely!

Zoeysmommy1023
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:03 PM

2 1/2

Quoting armywife2009101:

How many pounds is it?

Zoeysmommy1023
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:06 PM

lol I tried that once, and the roast did not turn out that great. It wasnt falling apart like I wanted it too. Maybe I did it wrong??? Psh! Who knows..I'm still learning about cooking. lol

Quoting srose73:

I put my roasts, turkeys, and anything else I want tender and cooked inside those oven bags. They work SO good and the clean up is so simple. Youll love them!!

BTW, I take pics of the food cause it looks (and tastes) so good. I'll add one after I get it off my phone : )

This is my pot roast. I put in all the veggies in the beginning and didnt have to do a thing and it still turned out perfect. even my picky daughter ate it!

This was one of my turkeys I made. I put wild rice inside The meat was so tender, you can see it fell off the bone.

Im telling you, this is the best way to hook your meat up. I should really be a promoter for those bags, lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)