Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To you non vaxing moms

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:42 PM
  • 12 Replies

As far as schools go...when you have to show proof of your child's up to date vaccinations, how do you get around that? Or is it even possible to? If you can't get  your kids into a school, do you homeschool? Or do you not vax your kids and actually PLAN on homeschooling?

Reason I ask, I'm against vaxing. My husband is for. My DD (not dh's bio) does not get any other vaccines than what she's gotten so far-she is 3. But I'm starting to think if it would be difficult to actually get her into school without her shots...?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.kk.
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Exemptions.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Every state has some form of exemption...you just sign a waiver and you are fine.

amayabrianna
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:44 PM

There are exemptions for everystate that will allow you to enroll her into school without being vaxed. I vax so I do not know the logistics of all of it. But just google the exemptions for your area.

sumhchik
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM

How and where do I get the exemptions? From the school? And how soon before her starting school should I get it done?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
4kidz916
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:47 PM

I'm in NC and I vax, but I do know that it is a big deal in NC for school kids to have vaccinations.  They do have medical and religious exemptions, but there is a ton of forms to be completed by physicians stating there is an obvious medical reason.  They won't just accept that you don't think it's safe.

sumhchik
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:51 PM

I'm in NC too. DH and I are looking to get moved to another base within the next year (or so) so I'm hoping after reading your reply that we end up in a no-vax friendly state! lol

Quoting 4kidz916:

I'm in NC and I vax, but I do know that it is a big deal in NC for school kids to have vaccinations.  They do have medical and religious exemptions, but there is a ton of forms to be completed by physicians stating there is an obvious medical reason.  They won't just accept that you don't think it's safe.

stressedmomma13
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:52 PM

www.909shot.com

OutlawMUA
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:02 PM
We have a philosophical exemption for situations that need it.
We homeschool by choice but didn't last year, and it was not a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy1245
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:08 AM
The school has the form for u to fill out and shldnt give u any hassle ..my son's skul where 100% kul with it and didnt question me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:09 AM

You can get a waiver.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)