• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do any of your children talk in their sleep?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:59 PM
  • 10 Replies
My son does!

Heard it the first time about two or three weeks ago, and again tonight. Lol.

First time he actually laughed, giggled, then yelled out something and stayed sleeping the whole time. I couldn't help but laugh.

And, now this time, he said 'go' all the while his body was moving, lol. His hands were moving, his hips, and even his feet. No clue what he's dreaming but I hope he's having fun!

He definately takes after me though! I talk in my sleep, my mom does, and I think my grandma does too! Lol.

Any stories of what your kids have said?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nemiller
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:01 PM

not often.  the couple of times i've heard him talk in his sleep, he must've been dreaming about his daddy.  the most recent time, he wasn't feeling well, so i was sitting in his room to make sure he would stay asleep before i went back to bed, and he said, "aww... daddy..." the way he does when he's trying to be cute and get my husband to give him stuff (like cookies).

megarooniduh
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:02 PM

My SO talks in his sleep ALL the time. My son started talking in his sleep when he turned 1, he will clap, giggle, yell, and do all kinds of silly stuff, and talk. It's so cute!

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Lump "talks" in his sleep. He is my deaf/HOH child. He makes noises, grunts, and squeaks. He doesn't make any intelligible words, of course.

DH says I speak in French, Spanish, and Latin when I'm sleeping. He has heard me also carry on in Japanese once, but we were living in Japan at the time, so he just assumed I hadn't switched my brain over for the night. LOL!

DH talks in his sleep too. Mostly he dreams about playing video games. LOL!

Rhyne
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:07 PM
My oldest laughs in his sleep, it's so cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadee1971
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM

My 3 year old daughter said "Dora, the Explorer" in her sleep and was giggling and smiling.

ColieO
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:11 PM
My 2.5 year old usually just laughs or whimpers, but the other night he said "no don't touch me!!" And he's also said "you funny looking. Crazy person!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CarterMommy

my 2 year old talks A LOT lol he says funny stuff when he's asleep

lovemybabies236

my oldest does woke me a up a few nights ago scared me cause i didnt know what he was doing saw he was talking in his sleep listened to he was talking about laughed then went back to bed, im used to it now

jltplk25
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:12 PM

My 3 year old sat up in bed one night, looked at the wall and yelled "stop!". He then laid back down, cuddled George (his stuffed monkey) and went right back to sleep.

Earlier he was taking a nap and he started crying, asking for someone to help him. It broke my heart but when he woke up he said he wasn't crying. Lol.

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Quoting jltplk25:

My 3 year old sat up in bed one night, looked at the wall and yelled "stop!". He then laid back down, cuddled George (his stuffed monkey) and went right back to sleep.

Earlier he was taking a nap and he started crying, asking for someone to help him. It broke my heart but when he woke up he said he wasn't crying. Lol.

That sounds like the beginning of night terrors, to me. Red has those. I hope your son stays to just talking in his sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)