Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

military momma!! I HAVE A QUESTION!!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM
  • 13 Replies

hubby is considering enlisting in the air force and i am tryin to encourage it as much as i can without pushing bc our situation now is rough! unknown to him i cry alot  thinking about him bring there alone, being yelled out and scared :( I know we wont have alot of communication during basic, but afterwards when he is doing his job training will me and the kids be able go wherever he is for that?? or will that just be more time apart?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ethans_mommy09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:06 PM

BUMP!

ethans_mommy09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Not really sure but my hubby is cross training and he might go to Tech school next year..for about 4 months & I know we cant go with him..

KaitelynnesMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:07 PM

After the 3rd week or so of basic he should be able to write home. they have family days during basic and tech school. when he gets his duty station you guys will all follow. your his dependents. the only place ive known where families havent been able to go is japan. and thats e5 and above and you usually have to pay for them to live there out of your pocket.  and even then its not a place id wanna live

nemiller
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM

i'm not 100% sure about the air force.  but i know with the navy and marine corps, MOS training is not considered an "accompanied" assignment.  you could still move near his training center, but you wouldn't be eligible for base/post housing.

abkn
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM

I know the air force is down sizing dramatically so good luck if he gets in. Has he taken the ASVAB yet?

MaMa2Azriel
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:10 PM

He won't get yelled at in AF Basic...lol  

sumhchik
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:12 PM

My hubs is in the air force. He's home every day, every night. Well, except for when he works 8-3 M-F. The only time I wasn't able to call him up every night was during the 9 weeks of basic. (altho I was in basic at the same time-army) When he goes to his tech school, you will be able to talk to him, visit with him if you want (if he's not too far) I drove down to MS Keesler AFB to stay with him for 3 days. Once he gets his base orders then you can take your kids and stay with him (of course lol) but not during his tech school..

Feel free to message me if  you have other questions!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
ethans_mommy09

Ya My hubby heard that they are kicking out a lot of officers..there are too many of them and not much to do..hubby was going to go to ots until he heard about it..

Quoting abkn:

I know the air force is down sizing dramatically so good luck if he gets in. Has he taken the ASVAB yet?

abkn

When my husband went to Cschool we were able to move with him because he was staying in Lemoore after Cschool. Also if its over 120 days *I believe* then *Navy* will move ya to be with him ( Any other branch I have no idea)

Leilene07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:14 PM
It all depends how long bis training..if its 3months or less they won't bother bringing u up there..unless is more time. Its different in every branch
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)