Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE help with my homework

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

I don't know if I'm just not getting this because I'm not into religion or politics, or what, but please give me some insight on this. My assignment is this:

Write a brief one page typed paper explaining why, as a psychology student, religious tolerance should not be seen as a luxury and why a plurality of religious views must be encouraged in a democratic society.

This is for my Psychology course. Nice huh? I didn't take religion for a reason :-/

natural_parenting.png picture by kwright9608

Mommy of 2 Wonderful Boys!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lilpunkymom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:24 PM

I wouldn't make it just about religion but I would make it more about why people have one in the first place and go off on how it makes everything else around the community ect. I dunno I don't want to sound all cheesy.....heh

amanda357
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:25 PM

bump

briansmommy7143
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I don't care how cheesy it sounds as long as I can get this thing written! It's only one page and I can't even get two lines down. I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to this stuff. I can  usually b.s. my way through just about any paper, but he stumped me. On a one pager!

Oh yes, and thank you!!

Quoting lilpunkymom:

I wouldn't make it just about religion but I would make it more about why people have one in the first place and go off on how it makes everything else around the community ect. I dunno I don't want to sound all cheesy.....heh

amayabrianna
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:30 PM

It seems like they want to know why religious tolerance is not a luxary, meaning why is it necesary to have religious tolerance as a psych student. For example not having tolerance would lead to bias and judging of the patient. Instead of an open and trusting relationship, the patient is going to feel the judgement and not be as willing to talk about the issues at hand.

As for the second part I would think because each religion brings a different aspect to people's lifes. It teaches different things, and to encourage only one religion you are no longer allowing the society to have the freedom that a democratic society promises.

BTW I could be totally off, this is why I am taking nursing not psych. LOL!!!

1gzs1-106-1misheartstateaids-3.gif picture by amayabrianna <------- click the picture to join us!!!!!

briansmommy7143
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Thank you! This actually helped quite a bit! I am not going for  Psychology either. Just a pre-req for me. I'm going for Surgical Technology, lol. I hate psychology.

Quoting amayabrianna:

It seems like they want to know why religious tolerance is not a luxary, meaning why is it necesary to have religious tolerance as a psych student. For example not having tolerance would lead to bias and judging of the patient. Instead of an open and trusting relationship, the patient is going to feel the judgement and not be as willing to talk about the issues at hand.

As for the second part I would think because each religion brings a different aspect to people's lifes. It teaches different things, and to encourage only one religion you are no longer allowing the society to have the freedom that a democratic society promises.

BTW I could be totally off, this is why I am taking nursing not psych. LOL!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)