Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh...this is ridiculous... *VENT*

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:30 PM
  • 8 Replies

My husband got approved for an account for a laptop recently.  He let me customize it and everything.  It was supposed to be delivered today or tomorrow.  I got on the website earlier to find out it has been canceled.  I check my husband's email and it says our card was denied.  What?!  They just charged $79.86 on it for the headphones I got that I thought would help me with school.  I find out that the account he got approved for was trying to charge the entire amount onto our bank account instead of going through the approved account for us to pay monthly payments.  I'm just a little pissed because I was expecting it by this weekend and not only that when I go in to reorder it they've changed the price AND the shipping.  The price is now a good $50 more and the shipping $20 more.  I'm not so much upset that I've already waited 2 weeks for it as I am that they changed the amount of it all because he signed in on his account and they tried to charge our card instead.  Their mistake NOT ours.  In case you're wondering I'm going to use the laptop for school.  I also write a lot and I find relaxation and fulfillment in it so that's my thing that I use to calm myself after a stressful day.   

Just a vent.  It's not really that big of a deal, and I'll get over it in the morning.  But while I'm here...what are the odds that they'll give me my exact same order back?  Probably slim huh?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Uhmmmmm i'd ask to speak with upper management.  Bitch em out.  Complain.  Whatever it takes.  ;)  Lol.  No really i've seen people do that and get what they need accomplished.  GL

shortysashious2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Lol.  I am pretty pissed about it but it's hubby's account so they won't let me talk to them about it...and hubby just isn't that sort of person to get all riled up...lol.  I'm sol.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Uhmmmmm i'd ask to speak with upper management.  Bitch em out.  Complain.  Whatever it takes.  ;)  Lol.  No really i've seen people do that and get what they need accomplished.  GL

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:35 PM

sounds scammy to me.....

Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Call and ask WTF

its what I would do. that is there bad not yours

shortysashious2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:12 PM

I think they just did that so I would buy the higher priced laptop.  The other offer has since expired.  It is with a well-known company so the account itself is not a scam...however I think they want more money.  It just pisses me off and I wish I could talk to them about it rather than my DH. 

Quoting teri4lance:

sounds scammy to me.....

TheTaoOfKim
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:13 PM

I agree that it sounds like a scam and I would return the headphones and ask for a full refund. you can ask for an ARS and get free return shipping.

SSjoin_001.jpg picture by RoxyDoodle

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:22 PM

i don't care who it is, if their error caused you to miss the special, that's their problem, not yours - and they should extend the special price to you. if they don't they are not acting ethically and I would cancel the entire order. 

shortysashious2
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I agree with you.  We talked to them today.  I ended up getting another special that included 2 more GB of memory for $50 more.  AND I told them to take off shipping otherwise I wasn't purchasing from them.  They did it so I guess we'll see.

Quoting teri4lance:

i don't care who it is, if their error caused you to miss the special, that's their problem, not yours - and they should extend the special price to you. if they don't they are not acting ethically and I would cancel the entire order. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)