• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I SERIOUSLY need your advice!! (SORRY VERY LONG) PIOG

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:30 PM
  • 38 Replies

Okay, so last week, I found out that my daughter's teachers aid (My daughter has ODD, ADD, and is cognitively delayed) is the same person who abused her in 4th and 5th grade.   Only she has a different last name.    So I met with the high school counselors because my daughter ended up having a panic attack (She had chest pains and couldn't breathe right after an encounter with this person).  I asked to have an IEP set up (She was homeschooled last year due to bullying problems in the middle school), to include a different teachers aid.  This was last Weds.   The school counselor said that she had to speak to the Director of pupil services and that someone would get back to me.  Well...?  NO ONE has gotten back to me.   

Then today, I find out AFTER school that my daughter was attacked by another student.   She had her hair grabbed, kicked in the back, head slammed to the ground and was dragged across the lawn of the high school.    She reported it to the principle along with her cousin and her cousin's friend.  The principle only said "We'll have to change your lunch hours."  Because that's when it happened.    

I called the police and reported the incident.  He said that he'd talk to the 16 year old. My daughter just turned 15 this month.   And left a police report for my daughter to fill out.   Two seconds after he got into his car, my daughter almost passed out.   She was dizzy and light headed.  So my best friends sister help me get her into the house.  Where afterwards she ran us to the ER. 

My daughter has a contusion and a slight concussion. I have to wake her ever 6 hours. 

NOW... what really makes me crazy angry is... 

I NEVER got a phone call from the high school about this attack on my daughter!!!!

I plan on filing a grievance with the high school to the district office.  And I am planning on going down to the high school tomorrow and DEMAND to know WHY I wasn't informed about this!?   

The police officer came back for my daughter's police report and saw the discharge instructions for my daughter, and said that the 16 year old would be getting a citation for battery since my daughter was injured enough to go to the ER. 

Honestly...  What would you do?!?!?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:31 PM

do just what you did and are planning to do. 

shortysashious2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:33 PM

I'd be pissed.  I would definitely go to the school and want to know why.  They are in charge of your child while you are away.  I think everything you've done so far would be what I would do.  Probably even switch school after filing a complaint of some sort on them as well.

Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Mama I know what your daughter is going through. I was picked on in school too. they never told my mom unless I fought back. they will say YOUR CHILD is the cause of the problems. because your child is ADD. they will blame HER not the other girl. DO NOT LET THEM! Fight hard, take it to the news if you have to. do not let them get away with this crap.

jessil83
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:34 PM

and i'd look into transfering schools. why is an adult who abused children allowed to work in a school? i work for a school and had to be finger printed, do a background test, and swear/sign paperwork stating that i have never abused a child, i'm not up for charges on abuse etc...

Quoting Thelmama:

his_babydoll
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:35 PM

agreed

Quoting Thelmama:

sixwasenough4me
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:36 PM

There are no other schools.  We live in a small town. :(   The only other choice is for me to homeschool her again.  And I already filed the PI-1206 form. 

sixwasenough4me
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Quoting Sparkyfire:

Mama I know what your daughter is going through. I was picked on in school too. they never told my mom unless I fought back. they will say YOUR CHILD is the cause of the problems. because your child is ADD. they will blame HER not the other girl. DO NOT LET THEM! Fight hard, take it to the news if you have to. do not let them get away with this crap.

The other girl has similar problems.
amayabrianna
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:37 PM

FIle charges if the school or police do not. I would press charges personally. I remember when I was in school a girl confronted me and simple pushed me. It was enough to make me fall backwards. Although I di dnot have any injuries. The school never informed my mom, neither did the police. When I told my mom she went to the school and confronted thema nd then pressed charges. Like a year later  I gat a court summons,for htis incident, the girl was found guilty and put on probation for battery. She has other charges as well, not related to me, but they did file the charges (on my moms request) and she did get punished. This was in FL though, and our courts are backed up so it probably wouldn't take as long for you, especially witht he injuries your DD has.

FooLynRoo
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I would go outside teh school Goto the school board, call your local council man.. get the news involved. This is insanity.

sixwasenough4me
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:40 PM

That is EXACTLY what I asked the school counselors because the principal was NOT available.  They said "Oh we can't believe that until we investigate." Meanwhile my daughter is STILL in those classrooms. 

Quoting jessil83:

and i'd look into transfering schools. why is an adult who abused children allowed to work in a school? i work for a school and had to be finger printed, do a background test, and swear/sign paperwork stating that i have never abused a child, i'm not up for charges on abuse etc...

Quoting Thelmama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)