• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy/Headaches :(

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm 12wks. pregnant and I've been having horrible headaches almost every night. I've been taking Tylenol but it only helps every now and then, most of the time they last for hours. Is this normal or is there anything else I can do? I didn't have this issue with my first pregnancy...

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CAMKsMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Could be tension headache which is similar to migraine and that is normal.  I had one really bad one but went to the ER because I thought it was something related to a medical condition I have had from birth.  Anyway, if your headache is not being helped by regular pain meds such as Tylenol, that warrants a call to your OB and possibly an ER visit because headaches can also be a sign of elevated blood pressure.  Good luck and Congrats, Mama!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:39 PM

I would talk to your dr in case as pp has said it is due to high BP... Have you tried taking a sip or two of a caffeinated drink?  That will usually open up blood vessels in the head faster than tylenol.  Also make sure you arent getting dehydrated since that can cause headaches during pregnancy as well.

AandCsmomBrandy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:46 PM

consider getting an eye exam. often times your vision can change during pregnancy and it can cause headaches

armywife009
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:49 PM

I have been having  the same problems. When I went for my check-up the other day (i am 17 weeks along), i told my ob about it, I had been complaining about them for a while but they got to the point i was nauseous and didn't have any energy. Anywho, he put me on fioricet! It really helps, as soon as I feel one come on I take one and i don't have to deal with it for a while. My doc told me it was tension headaches.

TheTaoOfKim
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:50 PM

It could be so many different things. Try to stay hydrated!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)