Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you imagine that the Duggar parents ever spanked? What does the bible say about spanking?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:09 PM
  • 7 Replies
Just curious.

With light and love

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
pinkebabii
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:10 PM

BUMP!

LoveDare
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:11 PM

I am not sure.

fairymom2316
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:43 AM

I have never seen them spank the kids, I would go crazy with that many kids! lol

Summer04
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:44 AM
I have never seen them spank & they said they don't believe in spanking I believe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lady_kira
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Proverbs 13:24
He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.

There's others too, but I think that one speaks loud and clear.

ddhb2007
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:50 AM

The bible doesn't specifically refer to spanking anywhere.  The quote the previous poster just used is typically misunderstood to mean corporal punishment is necessary.  However, the shepherd's rod was used to guide the sheep to and from the pasture not to beat the crap out of them.  Discipline means to teach, so it's imperative for parents to TEACH their children to behave according to the bible.

lady_kira
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:58 AM

I don't believe I used the phrase "beat the crap out of them" anywhere in my original response. And yes, we all know what "discipline" means.

Here, how about this one:

Proverbs 23:13
Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you punish him with the rod, he will not die.

Again, doesn't say "beat the crap out of" just in case you're missing that.

Quoting ddhb2007:

The bible doesn't specifically refer to spanking anywhere.  The quote the previous poster just used is typically misunderstood to mean corporal punishment is necessary.  However, the shepherd's rod was used to guide the sheep to and from the pasture not to beat the crap out of them.  Discipline means to teach, so it's imperative for parents to TEACH their children to behave according to the bible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)