Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are They Old Enough?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:12 PM
  • 4 Replies

Dh and I NEVER go out.  Many of the people at church have been giving us a hard time for not having "us" time.  We do have us time, it is just spent at our house after our kids go to bed.  There are 3 teenagers at church that want to watch our children while DH and I go on a date.  Would you let 3 15 year olds watch your children if your kids were 4 and 19 months?  The kids seem responsible, but they also are very much teenagers. (Checking cell phones during sunday school, sending texts during worship, discussing boy issues, that kind of stuff).

Also we would need to decide if we do something here in town which would mean they would only be with the kids for an hour or two.  Or if we go to a bigger town and spend like half a day just doing whatever. 

If you would do this, how much would you pay?  I guess per hour or whatever.  Do I pay per hour per teen.  B/c I was thinking 5 an hour, but if we are gone for 5 hours that is 60 bucks. 

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Crazy Chris on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Probably not no. Maybe if your kids were a little older I would feel differently. I would want both kids to be able to speak up to me and be able to let me know exactly what was going on while i wasn't there.

party_of_5
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:21 PM

I say go with your gut feeling, if truly feel it will safe. I personally would start with something close a few times & then move my way up to being out longer. Good luck!!

mandy716
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Thanks ladies.  I really don't want to at all.  But then these ladies get in my head that DH and I need "us time".  I guess time after kids is in bed does not count to them.

fairymom2316
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Quoting party_of_5:

I say go with your gut feeling, if truly feel it will safe. I personally would start with something close a few times & then move my way up to being out longer. Good luck!!

I agree, good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)