• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 year old passing out

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:20 PM
  • 46 Replies
Im worried to death about my daughter. Shes one will be two in november. Shes been passing out when she cries hard. First time was about a week ago then last night then tonight. :( im very worried. Last night was scary she was out long prob 2 minutes. She turns blue. The first time she did her lips turned blue. Last night her face and hands tonight her lips but tonight she was out prob 10 seconds but she made awful gurgle sounds(she does when shes out) and tonight it was almost like she tried swallowing her tongue. Im wanting her to see the doc maybe some tests. My gf thinks its completely normal but me being mom feels like somethigs wrong with my baby. its a horrible feeling seeing your child go through this. Anyone been through this? Thought? please bump if you dont know. thanks so much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swesolek6
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:21 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hotmama83227
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:21 PM

BUMP!

jodyann2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:22 PM
um bump! she is not getting enough oxygen when she cries. I say screw it and take her to the e.r. I'm sorry momma!! hugs and prayers for u.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:22 PM

I am sorry but anyone who tells you its normal for a child to pass out and turn blue is NUTS!  I am the last one to advocate running to the ER for everything BUT IMO your DD issue is exactly what the ER is for.

sarasloveable
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:23 PM
I have seen kids that cry so hard they hold their breath and pass out yes. If you are concerned take her to the dr there could be an underlying medical condition ie asthma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaAlderman_2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I am sorry but anyone who tells you its normal for a child to pass out and turn blue is NUTS!  I am the last one to advocate running to the ER for everything BUT IMO your DD issue is exactly what the ER is for.

Brays-mama
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Could it possibly be seizures? I have never been through it but if it sounded like she was going to swallow her tongue it could be some kind of seizure. Not all seizures include shaking and all of that. My nephew has epilepsy but you would never know it by watching him unless you knew what you were looking for when he has a seizure. He doesn't fall down and start shaking he just gets this far away look like he is day dreaming and his one hand will twitch.

Good luck. I will pray for your little one, and I would say get her to a doctor.

.stella.
omg that is NOT normal..I would have called 911. hello?? don't let her cry like that omfg!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love2Bugs

I would have called 911 the first time it happend. You need to take her to the Doctors. Thats not something to mess with.

Elijahsmommy508

Passing out from being upset/crying isn't unusual.  Passing out for 2 minutes because of it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)